“What does he mean by that?”, Jungkook was also confused.

“That either one of you would have to marry his daughter”.

“WHAT?!”, my brother and I said in unison. We looked at each other, not quite sure if we heard her correctly.

“Is he making a joke, because it’s funny. Ha ha ha”, Jungkook sarcastically laughed.

“Let me get this straight. He wants to buy our stocks and if we didn’t accept, one of us have to marry his daughter?”, I furrowed my brows. Is that old man dumb or just find it entertaining to have one of the heirs of this company as his son in law?

“Those were his words”, mom nodded.

“What if we’ll decline both of his offer?”, Jungkook was also irritated my Mr. Choi’s irrational tactics.

“He will withdraw his shares and venture with our competitor”, mother looked tired, just by discussing about this problem.

“The Jung Corporation?”, I referred to our competitor.

If Mr. Choi withdraws from this company we will have a big loss. Not just because of stocks but also with connections and other major deals. This is also the reason why we are always ahead of our competitors. He is a powerful businessman and I guess, for him everything is business, even his daughter. Losing him is not a very good option at this moment.

“I heard Hoseok is now the CEO of that company”, mom stated.

Hearing the name of my friend brought memories. I always wondered what happened to him. Ever since college, we knew that our companies were competitors but we never put it into heart. We were friends and that’s all what mattered then ...... but after the accident and we came back in Korea, there were changes and so does our friendship.

“Damn!”, Jungkook blurted.

“Language, Kookie”, mom scolded.

“Sorry”.

A couple of minutes passed and silence was deafening inside the living room. It was obvious that everyone was thinking. I, was thinking. I have to make a decision for the company, for us, for mom. I don’t want to put to waste what she and our fathers worked hard for.

I looked at Jungkook, who was leaning on the chair with his eyes closed. Maybe trying to figure out how to get out of this trap that Mr. Choi had put us in. He also suffered greatly after the accident and I couldn’t be more grateful to him for not leaving my side when I needed someone.

He was patient with me and he acted like a big brother when we were in America. He became responsible, which I didn’t realize he had it in him. I just can’t let him sacrifice his happiness for us.

Now, it was my turn to be the man my father wanted me to be. An older brother to Jungkook and a devoted son to my mom. It’s my turn to take care of my family and my father’s legacy.

“I will do it”, I announced.

“Hyung?”, Jungkook stared at me.

“Jin?”, mom also looked at me, wondering what was running through my mind.

I gave her a smile, hoping that it will somehow lift the sadness she was feeling.

“Mom, tell Mr. Choi that I chose his second offer. I will marry his daughter”.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Double Trouble (KSJ&JJK.FF)[Completed] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें