Miao shi also said: “That’s right! Not only did he go to Ji An Prefecture, but he had also gone to the capital and Xiao Zhou. I had been in Xiao Zhou accompanying Zi Rui. Hearing that we were to come to the South to celebrate your wedding, we were extremely happy. Right, before I came, I returned to the capital. People had also been sent to invite the venerable old man, your uncles, and cousins, but your grandfather said that with the wedding taking place in the South, there can’t be no movement in the capital. They would not be coming to the South and will remain in the capital. On the day of your wedding, the Yao manor will have a grand banquet, and it will be held as if it was for their own daughter.”

Feng Yu Heng’s heart was shaken from hearing this. In truth, she had truly hoped that her grandfather could be at her side when she got married, but thinking of her grandfather’s age, traveling from the capital to the South would be quite a pain. Since the capital needed to be lively, staying in the capital was also fine. It was just a pity that they had lived for two lifetimes, yet her grandfather had never personally seen his granddaughter get married.

While they spoke, Xiang Rong could not stop tears from coming out. She quickly wiped them away with her hand then said: “His Highness the ninth prince really is thorough. When they came to pick up the two aunts, they also picked me up. Second sister, I have never seen a man treat a girl well to such a degree. In the past, my mother said that whether a man treats a girl well or not does not depend on how much money he gives the girl. Instead, look at how much thought he spends on the girl. After all of these years, His Highness the ninth prince’s thoughts for second sister is something that we can all see. Xiang Rong still remembered back when His Highness the ninth prince sent the betrothal gift into the Feng manor. How many years had it been since the Feng family had suffered such a big loss? The shock caused by the Yu Palace was the first time that Xiang Rong had seen the Feng family’s people humiliated.”

When Xiang Rong brought up the matter from back then, Feng Yu Heng also sobbed upon hearing it. She always felt that the years were going by too slowly; however, who knew that after some quick calculations, so many years had already passed.

Qin shi and Miao shi had not experienced the scene from that time, but sitting in the same carriage as Xiang Rong for the trip down to the South, they had chatted idly. The topic for all of their conversations was Feng Yu Heng’s experiences over the years. Xiang Rong had specifically brought up that betrothal gift scene, causing the two to sigh endlessly. In the past, they felt that the men of the Yao family were earnest with their feelings; however, who knew that a son of the imperial family could also be so earnest.

Thinking a bit more, Qin shi added: “After all, like father like son, the Emperor’s feelings for Imperial Concubine Yun is something that we all know a bit about. Just based on this, his son won’t be too different.”

Speaking of the imperial family’s sons, Feng Yu Heng thought of another person and could not help but wink at Xiang Rong: “I saw that His Highness the fourth prince has come with you. Don’t tell me that he followed seventh brother here from the capital.”

With the fourth prince being brought up, Xiang Rong furrowed her brow. It was Qin shi that laughed and said: “How could he have come from the capital? His Highness the fourth prince set out from Ji An Prefecture together with us. He came to Ji An Prefecture for the sake of chasing after his master, and that happened to be our silly little girl, who still does not understand his intentions.”

Feng Yu Heng knew that the fourth prince was interested in Xiang Rong, and she did not stop him. As a whole, ever since the situation with the third prince attempting to break into the palace, this fourth prince had slowly begun to change. In the beginning, she felt that he might have been pretending, but after observing for a while, she found that this was not the case. Xuan Tian Yi had never been much of a treacherous person. In the past, he had mostly been incited by old third in combination with the engagement to the Bu family. From time to time, the Bu family would plant some thoughts in his mind and slowly managed to deceive him. In truth, Xuan Tian Yi was a pretty opinionless person, and he did not have much ambition for the throne. It was the type that could get agitated and be settled down.