Chapter 50: Taking Him Down

Happy Halloween! Happy All Hallows Eve!! Happy Dia de Los Muertos!! Whatever you celebrate today, have an awesome time!!!
________________________

Dani's POV
Barney, Gunner, Steve and I creep down a hallway of the building we suspected Abel was in. We silently look for our target. When we reach a place with four hallways that led off the main hallway, we each take a different path.

The lights in my hallway flickered. I was only 20 feet down my hallway when I heard something. Breathing. Not mine. When I turn around someone hits me on the head. My vision blurs, but I fight.

I swing my fist in an attempt to hit my attacker. He grabs my hand mid-strike and throws me mercilessly against a wall. I crash onto the floor, something wet streaks down my face. I reach up and touch it. When I pull back my hand it's red. Blood.

My vision clears and I see a man standing in front of me. He's about 6ft tall, has black hair, and looks to be in his late 40's or early 50's. He must be Richard Abel.

"Abel," I growl at him weakly. He chuckles and smirks at me.

"So they sent a little girl after me?" He laughs. He looks me over, from head to toe ," Pitiful."

Suddenly, he grabs me and pulls me up by the scruff of my neck. I'm to dizzy to walk straight, so I end up having my weight supported by Abel.

He puts a gun to my temple," Walk!"

He and I walk slowly down the hall. Abel pulls my earpiece out and switches it on.

"Come and get me!" He says into it. He throws it on the ground and I can hear Barney asking who was talking and if I was ok. Suddenly I hear running feet and Barney appears 30ft infront of us. A few seconds later Steve appears behind him.

"Let 'er go!" Barney yells.

"Now why would I do that? So you can shoot me?" Abel sneers.

"You're going to let me go, or I'm going to shoot her in the fuckin head," Abel demands.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere," Barney growls.

"You would risk her life?" Abel laughs, " Such a pity her life has to end like this."

Gunner's POV
I slowly and silently creep up on Abel and Dani. I wait until I'm about 40 ft away from them. I can shoot Abel but I'm afraid I'd hit Dani.

".... Such a pity her life has to end like this," Abel says. He cocks his gun....

I can't wait any longer. I pull the trigger. I hit him in the shoulder!

Dani's POV
Abel gets shot in the shoulder, and he throws me on the floor. He spins around to shoot who shot him, which was Gunner. He saved my life! I quickly unholster my gun and shoot Abel before he could shoot Gunner.

Abel wavers for a moment before crashing onto the floor in a bloody heap. I observe his chest from my position on the floor. No movement, he's dead.

"You look like hell," Barney says helping me up.

"I feel worse than I look," I tell him. "Think I'll need stitches?"

Barney observes my forehead," Maybe."

"I hate stitches," I groan.

"Everyone does," Gunner says.

""""""""""""""""""""""'""""""""""
Message me with some of your ideas and things you might like to happen in the story.

I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.

Please comment and vote. Tell me some of your ideas and things I need to improve on!