Chapter 47: Gearing Up

Dani's POV

We all began cleaning our weapons, loading clips, and checking our combat gear. Hale cleans his guns with a surprising amount of delicacy that seemed almost impossible for a man of his size. Lee cleans sharpens, and tests the balance of his knives. Gunner sharpens his Bowie knife, glaring at Jeremy as he does so. Barney cleans and loads his guns. Tara had already done this on the plane, so she took the opportunity to rest. I sharpen my knives and deposit them in their rightful place, on my belt and in my boots.

As soon as night fell we would begin our strike on the compound. I look over to Eric and my mind begins to wonder. Why is he in this business? Does he have a family of his own now? What would he think of me if he knew about what I did after he left? If he knew his leaving caused my drug addiction?

When he finds out he'll probably be disgusted. Horrified at what had become of his once sweet, innocent little sister. What had become of Layla.

"She grew up," I chortle to myself, "she realized that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows and that there is no happily ever after. The world is cold and mean and will beat you down. And the people are even worse."

I hand lands on my shoulder, I look up and see Tara.

"It's time," She says. I nod and she walks away. I put on my Kevlar, strap my gun belt around my waist, slip my boots on and I'm ready to go. I look at the others and see them dressed and ready to go.

""""""""""""""""""""""'""""""""""

Message me with some of your ideas and things you might like to happen in the story.

I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.

Please comment and vote. Tell me some of your ideas and things I need to improve on!