15 Ready or Not

"MISS CINDY!!!!" your maid's voice makes you stopped breathing for awhile. They never shouted unless it was emergency. You have bad feelings about this.

Without thinking twice, you wipe away your tears and quickly walk out from your bedroom. Your legs bring you to that one room only.

Your father's bedroom.

"W-what happened??" you asked trembling by the view. Your father was laying unconsciously on the floor with one of your maid standing there trembing in fear as well.

"I-I don't know. I was about to bring him his favorite tea but when I came here, he's... He's already on the floor.." She explained, still crying.

"Carry him to the bed. I'll call the ambulance!" you requested and quickly run back to your bedroom to get your phone.

Your father don't have any health issue as long as you know. So this sudden break down was a surprise for you.

'Everything's gonna be okay. It's not something serious.' you keep telling yourself while holding his hands, but damn why you feel so scare? What if he leave you all alone?

"Cindy, hey... Look at me. I'm here." Yoongi's voice drag your back to reality and you cried even harder.

"Y-Yoongi... My dad...." you keep sobbing and he instantly pull you in his warm embrace.

"I know. I know. It will be okay. I'm here for you. You're not alone. Let's pray for the best." He keep patting your back, trying to calm you down.

After what feels like forever, the doctor finally came out from the room wearing a little smile on his face.

"Cindy." He called you slowly. You know him. He's always been your family doctor and your father always call him whenever you need some health check up.

"Doctor Lee, how is he? He's okay right? He's gonna be okay right?" Yoongi helps you stand up and approaching the doctor. His wrist never leave your waist, as if he's gonna supporting you whatever happens.

"Calm down. He's okay. He's blood presure is a little bit low and maybe the long trip flight makes it worst. He's awake now and he wanted to see you." The doctor told you and you smile in relief but Yoongi notice there's something wrong with the doctor.

"Thank you so much, Doctor Lee! I'll get in now!" you said, give him a little bow and about to get in before Yoongi held your wrist, holding you back.

"Get in first okay. I'll wait here." Yoongi whisper softly and you nod, understand his intention. He wanted to give you privacy.

Or that's what you thought.

After you get in the room, Doctor Lee's expression changed and Yoongi witnessed it.

"Doctor Lee, I'm sorry but.... There's something more, isn't it?" Yoongi asked and Doctor Lee look down for awhile before meeting Yoongi's eyes again.

"I'm sorry but can I talk to you for awhile?"

Yoongi have bad feelings about this.

Meanwhile,

Once you entered the room, you were welcomed by a bright smile of your father.

"My Candy, why you look so gloomy? Come here my dear..." He sang with open arms and you quickly run to his embrace.

"You scared me Dad! Please don't scare me like that anymore." you cried to him and he just chuckles instead.

"I'm sorry my candy. My bad. It won't happen again. Now, stop crying and give me that sweet smile of yours, hmm?" He pats your hair lovingly and you finally flash him your smile.

"I love you Dad." you whisper slowly parting a bit to see his face.

"I love you even more my candy." He pulled you back to his embrace and inhales deeply. "No matter what happen, you should remember that you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though you're not biologically my daughter, but we're connected by heart and I love you more than that. Please don't forget. You're always be my one and only daughter."

"Daaaaaaaaaad...." you whines and pout. "Stop saying those cheesy things, I'm about to cry again." you added and he chuckles, continue patting your hair.

"It's cheesy but it's true and you should promise me that you will remember it. Also you have to tell your sons and daughters about how much their grandfather loves their mom. Oh, I will remind Yoongi as well." He talked seriously even though you know he was teasing you.

"Daaaaaad! It's too fast to talk about grandsons! We're not even married yet." you blush a little and pull away to look at your father's face once again.

"Hmm, is that so? But I already asked Yoongi and he said it will be soon.. Hmm, like what, next year." He continue his tease and you widened your eyes.

"Y-You really asked him that? Like seriously Dad! Why you-arghhh... I'm so embarrased. We just date for around a year, why would you asked him that?"

"Of course I have to ask that. I need to know if he's serious or not with my one and only daughter. Afterall, I like him. You make a great choice, Candy. I want him to be my son in law okay? So better be soon, next year... Hmm, maybe Spring.. It's a beautiful season-"

"D-Daad please, Yoongi's not ready and I-"

"Who said I'm not ready?" His voice cutted you off and you swear you could feel the warmness on your cheeks.

"Oh there you are my soon to be son in law. I just told Cindy that you said the marriage would be soon like next year, and she freaked out, saying you're not ready. Tell him, son." your father let out a happy laugh and you watch Yoongi approach both of you before he sat beside you.

"I'm ready anytime for you." He told you short and deep, but before you satisfy yourself drowning into his mesmerized gaze, Yoongi turn around to meet your father's gaze. "And Dad, you too, right?"

"Yes, son. Anything for you and my candy. Ready or not, I have to be ready." He flash a sincere smile to Yoongi and you don't know why but you feel like your father look at Yoongi with a different gaze.

Well, maybe he's right.

He likes Yoongi and that's why he looked at Yoongi as if he's his own son.

Yeah, that must be the reasons why,

right?