And before Dipper could fiercely protest against the very implication, Bill went poof and disappeared, leaving Dipper to sag in relief and exasperation. Before he was spooked as his door slammed open, he didn't shriek, mind you, as Mabel ran in along with Grunkle Stan, asking why he screamed.

He silently cursed the demon as he was left with worried chatter and lectures.

-----

"Really, we can't thank you enough-"

"It's fine, just keep out of the woods." Dipper sighed, though exhausted, he felt rather accomplished and proud of himself for his first exorcism alone. He might be having nightmares of the ghoulish thing, but it's sort of preferable to the sort of nightmare he's been getting.

"Aw, you break whatever can be considered a heart inside me, Pinetree."

Ugh, he can practically hear Cipher.

"You'd miss me if I was gone."

Dipper glowered, teeth grinding as he remembered that night. He would not miss him, that would be absurd. How ridiculous. He has his reasons for not telling Grunkle Ford! If he did, he'd demand why Dipper hadn't told him sooner.

It's his own fault, Grunkle Ford would probably understand... or he could lie and say he couldn't tell under certain circumstances-

His thoughts were interrupted by his bumping a wall. A hard, clothed, warm wall. Oh, it's a person.

"Sorry." He mumbled, moving to pass the person, but he was stopped by the other stepping in his way again. "Excuse me, please."

"Yeah, no."

Dipper felt a little annoyed and looked up to see an unfamiliar face with cold eyes. "I need to get back home, sir." He stated firmly, trying to side step him, only to tense when he was met with another man.

"That was quite an impressive performance, Mr. Pines." He spoke with a chipper tone, his face similar to the other man. Twins? "It's really-"

"Mediocre at best." The first man interrupted, rolling his blue-green eyes. "You're too easy to impress, Aidan."

"Please let me leave-" Dipper tried to sidestep the two again, but was blocked by this 'Aidan'.

"Oh, come on, my good sir, spare us a moment of your time." He said in a mock begging tone. "We only have a few questions."

"I'm really sorry, but I've got to get home. Maybe another time." Never. "Now, if you'll please get out of my way." Dipper did his best impression of Grunkle Stan's I-mean-business tone. He felt like it didn't really work. He didn't like these two at all. They gave him a bad feeling.

"Ooh, little priest trying to act tough." The Aidan guy giggled, his warm, unnatural pinkish purple eyes lighting up in amusement. "Well, we might have a case for you."

Dipper wondered if pretending to agree would work. "Ok, fine, what?" He sighed, avoiding either of their eyes.

"Yeah, we want to see if you're good at exorcising demons." The cold eyed man stated, the corner of his lip raising.