The evil deeds of Shaitaan

1) When the Adhaan is pronounced shaitaan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhaan. When the Adhaan is completed he comes back and again takes to his heels when the Iqaama is pronounced and after it's completion he returns again till he whispers into the heart of the person (to divert his attention from his prayer) and makes him remember things which he does not recall before the prayer and that causes him to forget how much he has prayed." (Reported in Bukhari, Muslim).

2) Shaitaan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep. On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'the night is long, so stay asleep.' When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays, the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy with a mischievous heart. (Reported in Bukhari).

Allah (S.W.T) says in the Noble Qur'an in Surah Al-A'raaf, chapter 7, verse 200:

وَإِمَّا يَنْزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

200. And if an evil suggestion comes to you from Satan, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is Hearing and Knowing.

A similar verse, Allah (S.W.T) says in the Noble Qur'an in Surah Fussilat, chapter 41, verse 36:

وَإِمَّا يَنْزَغَنَّكَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ نَزْغٌ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

36. And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Allah (S.W.T) says in the Noble Qur'an in Surah Al-Muminoon, chapter 23, verses 97-98:

وَقُلْ رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ
وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ

97. And say, "My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the incitements of the devils,
98. And I seek refuge in You, my Lord, lest they be present with me."

Don't forget to read your Duas before sleeping and make the intentions of waking up for Fajr In Shaa Allah before going to bed.

May Allah (S.W.T) protect us all from the temptations of Shaytan and give us all strength to defeat him.