Home (Bonus Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Ruby: but... you think that I might be...

Qrow: Hehe... Well, a giant monster is currently frozen on top of Beacon tower. And you're here. Safe in bed. (Stands up)

Ruby: Wait, wait... how did you know what Ozpin said to me? The night we met?

Qrow:... All those missions I go on. All the times I'm away in some far off place, it's been for Ozpin. But he's missing now. Something's been set in motion. With Oz gone, I'll have to pick up where he left off.

Ruby: Then what can I do? If I'm so special, then I can help! Right?

Qrow: (Sighs) You really wanna help? Get some rest. You're in no condition to go anywhere right now. Besides, our enemies trail leads all the way to Haven. That be quite the trip for a pipsqueak like you. Catch you later, kiddo.

He walks out of my room and I stand up to walk to Yang's room. I hear Qrow's voice from the living room saying:

Qrow: You'd better be fine, you hear?

(POV: Y/N)

I wake up in the room where I was talking with god. Only this time. There were two portals. I stood up and looked through the one that wasn't their before. It was my world. Right at the moment I left it.

???: Going home?

(Y/N): Hmm?

God: I was asking if you would like to go home?

(Y/N): I... I can go home?

God: Well, the problem in the space time continuum seems to have... solved itself, but no timelines will be altered whether or not you choose to stay or go.

(Y/N): Well... what are my options? What happens if I choose to go home?

God: Then you die in Remnant. You don't survive the bullet wound and you return home.

(Y/N): And if I choose Remnant?

God: Then you will be completely removed from existence in your world. You'd have never been born. You were never there.

(Y/N): What about Bryan?

God: His life is... far beyond my control at this point. I cannot use any sort of power to bring him back. Someone has plans for him in Remnant.

(Y/N): But he's dead. I... killed him...

God: He left you no choice. You did what you had to to protect a loved one. Speaking of which, you have some back home.

I thought about my family for a while, but then I remembered that in Remnant, I found something I could do for a living. I found people to care for. I had found somebody I loved. While I loved my family very much. I needed to think about myself. Did I really want to go back home?

???: I won't hold it against you. If you don't wanna come back, you know?

I turn around and see my older brother Louie. I run up and hug him. He hugs me back.

Louie: Just came to say goodbye. I won't remember any of this when I get home. Including

you.

(Y/N): But what about Mom and Dad? Or Jackie and Leo?

Louie: I've got a high paying job, Dad makes enough to keep us afloat. And Mom will take care of those two. We've got it all covered. Besides. You'll be one less annoyance I'll have to think about.

(Y/N): (laughing) You jerk!

Louie: I try. Now go back and be a hero.

He pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me. It's a picture of me with family.