My House

[Kristin's Pov]

We arrived at the house after a long car ride of arguing with Zak. He just won't let this morning go and it's totally annoying. I love him but damn he can be a pest sometimes.

My stomach was turning as we all got out of the car. I looked up at this beautiful, yet morbid mansion. The past of this place is haunting. I know we are ghost hunters but some thing about it is so unsettling.

"I can't believe we are really going through with this.", I said quietly to Nick.

"Kris if this is to much for you tell me. I'm not going to force you into something you don't want to do.", Nick said as he gently rubbed my shoulder.

"No, this is something I have to do....for Kat.", I looked at him in reassurance.

"This place is incredible. Hell I might just buy it after this.", Zak said walking ahead of us toward the front door.

"Wish I was as enthused as you.", I replied.

As we approached the door we noticed it was open just a bit. Zak looked back at me and Nick and proceeded to open it the rest of the way.

"She must already be here.", Zak said as we walked in.

"Hello, anyone home?", Zak asked in a very high pitched voice. There was no response.

" Hey guys maybe we should just wait outside.", I said nervously but Zak continued walking through the house.

I grabbed Nick's arm as we followed behind him,"Why does he have to be so obnoxious?", I asked, laughing a little.

Nick just shook his head smirking. This place was really incredible, beautiful even. It was the history that plagued it from becoming a home.

We approached a staircase that had eligant stained glass windows, then we herd footsteps coming down.

"Hey, sorry we let ourselves in we just couldnt wait to see this place. It's amazing.", Zak said as the footsteps made their way to us.

She stood in front of the stained glass, her arms crossed with a freshly lit cigarette in between her fingers.

"And who are you?", she asked then took a drag.

"We are the paranormal investigators ma'am.", Zak replied.

She paused and smiled, "Paranormal investigators? And what are you hoping for? A good story for your books?", she said sarcastically laughing.

"Actually we have a television show. You may have heard about us, Ghost Adventures?", Zak replied.

"Shouldn't she already know all this?", I thought to myself.

"I don't watch much TV as of how corrupt this world has become. Everyone with their cell phones and social media.", she took another drag from her cigarette and exhaled,"If you expect to catch some ghostly figure on your fancy cameras you are wasting you time with this place."

Zak looked confused, we all were actually.

"You don't believe in the paranormal?", Zak asked.

"Oh no, son I'm a firm believer. You kind of people don't understand it though. Y'all believe in ghost and goblins. That isn't how it works hunny.",she replied laughing a little.

I was about to say something when I heard someone come in the front door.

"Hey are you guys starting without me?", the voice was familar. It was Aaron.

He rounded the corner with a goofy look on his face that he always has but he wasn't alone. He was accompanied by an older lady.

"I see you have already let yourselves in.", the lady said in a quirky voice.

She approached us and shook our hands, "I'm the realtor."

Zak, Nick, and I all turned to look at the lady standing on the stairs.

Zak asked the question we were all thinking,"So who are you?"

She looked at us with a smug look on her face and replied,"I'm Contance Langdon and this... is my fucking house."

~◇~

~◇~