Broken Glass

[Kris's Pov]

I just got home from an incredible date with Nick. It was one of the best nights in a while. I haven't been able to just relax and not worry about The Murder House. Thinking about it now has me questioning every single thing possible. I'm not too sure about doing it but at the same time I don't want to upset Zak. He's always wanted to go ever since Kat, I can't let him down now.

As I was putting on my pajamas, my phone signaled a notification. Picking it up from the dresser, it was a text from Nick himself. I smiled as I opened it up to see what he said.

iMessage

Nicky❣:
I just wanted to let you know I had an amazing time tonight. And I can't wait to do it again. ❤

Krisssss🐍:
😉
I had a great time too love. I can't stop smiling. Well needed.

Nicky❣:
I can't stop smiling either.

Krisssss🐍:
Goodnight Nick. Talk to you in the morning.💗

Nicky❣:
Goodnight. Sweet dreams Kristin Marie Matthews. ❤

×××

"Such a sweetheart.. God I love him.", I said aloud as I read the message a few times over.

Nick and myself were close friends ever since the beginning. Of course it was like that for Zak and Aaron too but with Nick it was different. We had a lot in common and we both connected like a dream team. Ever since the beef between him and Zak it's like things fell apart. I didn't get to see him much along with losing his number too. Sad memories that broke my heart to pieces.

The only ones who knew I really liked Nick were Zak and Kat. Before her death, she actually told me to go for it with him. I never did and I don't think I will now. The gut feeling is telling me I'm too late but my heart can't let him go. I just can't.

"Stop it Kris.. go to bed.", I mumbled as I set my phone down back on the dresser.

I walked over to my bed to officially get some sleep. It's been a long but amazing day. Yet the tiredness is taking over me like a bus. Once my head hit the pillows I immediately fell asleep.

×××

"Why are you such a bitch now? What happened to the badass Kristin? The one who was confident!", Katherine yelled at me once entering my bedroom. Her words hitting me a like a fragile piece of glass.

"I'm a grown ass woman Kat! Things get serious!", I retorted in anger.

"Yeah sure.. then why is Nick falling out of love with you?", that's when I froze in position. I couldn't understand why she was being this way. We rarely fought, never like this.

"I... I-.."

"See? No words? Exactly. You're not grown. Just a useless excuse of a human being. I didn't deserve to die! You did!", she yelled at me. Kat then ran up to me and slung me into the mirror with force. The impact made the mirror shatter along with glass cutting me deeply.

I landed on the ground with no feeling of pain. I couldn't even let tears fall apon my face. My eyes darted up to her but it wasn't Katherine. It was this massive shadow with glowing red eyes. I was beyond scared at this point.

×××

"Ah!", I screamed once I rose to from bed. I looked around my surroundings once hearing something break in front of me. It wasn't clearly shown since the whole room was filled with darkness.