Change of Plans

[Zak's Pov]

I was woken early this morning by a phone call from the realtor regarding The Murder House. She informed me that we would be having to film a week earlier than we had planned due to some sort of financial problems she had been having. Instead of calling Kris I decided it would be best if I just drove over.

I pulled into her driveway and noticed that Nick's car was parked out front.

"Huh? That's weird.", I said out loud as I put the car in park.

I get to the door and knock a few times before I walked in. My eyes dart to the left to see something I thought I'd never see. Nick was in fact in his boxers, cooking what smelt like bacon. On the other hand, Kris was at the kitchen table in her robe eating breakfast.

"Uh.. what's going on here?", I ask questionably. "What's up Mr. and Mrs. Brady?"

Kristin dropped her fork abruptly and her eyes went wide. Nick turned his head for a split second before grease popped up onto his face. I opened my mouth in utter shock. What have I caused?

"Oh my god, my eyes!", Nick exclaimed as he covered his face with his hands.

"Well just walk in like you own the place Zak!", Kristin said loudly before getting up out of her seat to get Nick a wet towel.

"Well.. I didn't expect to walk in and see.. this.", I said truthfully. "What's going on?"

Kristin rolled her eyes as she handed Nick the towel. "Before you get any ideas, Bagans, nothing happened between us. He stayed over because of what happened last night."

"Which was..?", I asked confused still.

"You didn't get my text?", Kristin looked over at me after wiping Nick's face off.

"No....", I continued. This made Kris roll her eyes again before going out of the room towards her bedroom.

After she closed the door to her room, I glanced my eyes towards Nick who was still wiping the oil off his face. His eyes were slightly red and irritated. Nick then went towards the table and told me in a low voice to have a seat. I nodded before doing as he said.

"There's been some strange things happening to the both of us, Zak. It's gotta mean something.", Nick said.

"You're telling me.", I said with an eyebrow raised. "I know what you mean. Stuff's been weird lately... Especially after finding that tape."

I immediately realized I accidentally said that aloud. Nick looked at me with confusion, "What tape?"

"Uh, it's nothing. Just came across this weird tape in storage.", I replied hoping that he wouldn't ask anymore about it.

"What was on it?", he asked leaning closer to me.

"It had Katherine on it.", I said nervously scratching behind my ear.

I needed to get this off my chest and tell someone, but could I trust Nick enough to not tell Kris?

"Okay...so what was weird about it?", Nick asked.

"You have to promise me that if I tell you you won't say anything to Kris.", I replied knowing that it would probably be a mistake to tell him.

"Okay.", he said scooting closer to me in his chair.

I lowered my voice, "So it started out pretty normal. It showed Kris and Kat laughing and stuff....then it cut to them driving down the road....then all of a sudden....", as I was about to tell him Kris walked out of her room.

"We will talk about this later.", Nick said as he got up to pour some more coffee into his mug.

Kris walked over and poured herself a glass and joined me at the table. I could sense she wasn't in to good of a mood and when I tell her the news she's going to be pissed. But here goes nothing.

"Well there is kinda an important reason why I came over.", I said getting up out of my chair.

"I figured that.", Kris replied as she took a sip of coffee.

"The realtor called this morning about the house. We are having to do the show a week early.", as those words came out of my mouth I could see the panic in Kristen's eyes.

"What?! A week early? That literally only gives us a couple of days to get everything ready.", she exclaimed.

"I know it sucks but I need you guys to get ready because she is meeting us in an hour to give us the keys.", I replied.

Kristen arose from the table and went straight into the bedroom. Nick then walked over to the couch and grabbed his shirt and pants.

"You sure nothing happened last night?", I asked Nick.

Nick turned toward me giving me a wtf look, "Really dude?"

"Sorry. I was just asking? Kinda looked suspicious to me...", I replied putting my hands up. I told Nick to meet me outside whenever they were ready. I had to get some fresh air. It was way to early for all of this.

~◇~