Michael boxed his ear when his son passed him by, and he followed after him, to make sure that he makes it to the dinner table, where his mother was waiting. Cook shook her head behind Michael's back, mayhap she should box his ears off, she thought, not likening that Michael was rough on Stephan. She raised him she did, and it did not sit well with her that Michael used tough love on his son.

She sighed and focused back to her cinneman pies, just as the other servants girls marched in, to take the pastries to the dining room. She pulled back her huge body, and admired her work, before she gave the order for the servants to take the pies out of her kitchen.

Stephan sat next to his mother, and ate his food silently, while his family members chatted away at the table. He looked around the dining area, and spotted Abby at the other end of the room, helping the servants to serve the pies to the warriors, and the ladies of the court.

He watched as a few warriors made dirty remarks to a few servant girls, and his stomach tightened when one of the warriors smacked Abby on her arse, and asked her to refill his goblet with ale. Stephan's fingers squeezed with anger around the chicken leg he was eating, as he pretended he did not notice what was happening.

Why did his father allow such behavior in his castle? Stephan thought, as he continued to watch closely what was happening on the other side of the room.

Abby placed the last pie on the table, and Stephan noticed her trembling fingers, as she poured ale into the warriors goblet. He gulped it down in seconds, and just when Abby turned to leave, his arm snacked out, captured Abby in his arms, and pulled her against his muscled chest. The other warriors around his table burst out laughing, but Abby cried, and tried to release the warriors hold on her.

Stephan could not sit by and do nothing, because anger boiled deep inside his gut, and he lifted himself off his chair, knocking it over, as he raced across the dining room, grabbed a sword that was on the floor next to its owner, and raised it in the air above the warrior who held Abby.

"Get your dirty paws off her before I spear the sword into your heart, you filthy animal!" Stephan roared.

Silence fell in the room, and all eyes averted in Stephan's direction.

"What say you?" Growled the huge warrior, as he thrust Abby asside, and stood up from his sitting position in a warriors stance.

"You heard what I said beast, keep your paws off her!" His voice was not that of a fifteen year old, it sounded deep and masculine.

The warrior narrowed his eyes at the youth, and pulled out his sword that was hanging on his waist, "Go back, and sit down, and stop running your mouth fool, before I cut off your tongue!" The warrior threatened.

Stephan angrilly swung his sword, and grazed the warriors shoulder. Bright red blood trickled down the warriors arm, and he let out a war cry, raised his sword in the air, and then metal clashed against metal.

Stephan mastered his sword with expertise, and everyone in the room admired his strength. After a few thrusts, Michael's son swung his sword hard enough, and the other warrior's sword dropped to the floor.

Michael was ready to run to his sons aid, but William grabbed him by the arm. "No, don't interfere, let him be." He said in a low, calm voice.

Everyone watched as Stephan dropped his sword on the table, and plucked the warrior from the floor, as if he was as light as a feather, and thrust him in the air. His body smashed up against the wall. The warriors friend jumped out of his chair to avenge him, but Stephan threw him a punch that landed him flat on the floor unconscience.

William stood quietly, admiring his grandson. The prophecies foretold of the strength this child will have. No one in the world will match his strength and abilities, but that's not the only gift bestowed upon him, the prophecies also claim that he will be able to read peoples mind, and know the past, present and future. Such gifts are to be praised and used for the better good of hunamity. William has told no one of Stephan's gifts, for it was better left untold.

Although Stephan was but a few months old, his appearance was that of a fifteen years old boy. In a few more months, he will be a full grown man. He shall recieve all his gifts by then.

Stephan turned around and faced Abby. "Are you alright Abby." He said in a low gentle voice, loving the feel of her name on his tongue.

The girl nodded shyly, and cleared the table hastily, piling the dishes on her arms, before she disappeared through the kitchen door. Stephan saw the tears in her eyes, and pain speared in his heart. At that second, a vision of Abby being attacked in the laundry room by a huge goon appeared before him. Stephan blinked a few times, and tried to see the face of the attacker, but could not.

"Stephan!" Michael roared, and pointed his finger towards the library. "NOW!!"

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxoxxoxxo