✎ Markus X Reader

Start from the beginning

Markus tried to avoid you because he thought he may have been bothering you but sometimes you talked to him. At times the reasoning was weird, your temperature would rise, or you would merely say, "Nevermind."

"Do you want to come down stairs? It's not good for you to stay locked up." Was that care he sensed in your voice? Perhaps affection? "N-Not that matters, I was just asking. Come down if you want to."

You were the personification of a sunflower. Two very contrasting colors that mend together perfectly and make it a beautiful flower. That was his opinion of you. He started to theorize that you wanted to show affection but you were being held back by a thought, or experience.

It could be that you had trust issues. It could be that you didn't want to get attached to him, but why?

"Markus! Someone is here to see you!" You shouted.

You stared at the woman at your door. Her hair was to the side in a braid and you could only assume she was a deviant as well. You wouldn't let her in because of the way she had attempted to shove you aside.

"North?"

"Markus!"

She bumped shoulders with you, roughly rushing past you to talk to Markus. You shut the door then sat down at your dining table as him and the woman talked.

You were fuming at the way she would place a hand on his shoulder, pull his arm, grab his hand, and the way she spoke about humans was as if you weren't even there.

"You have to go," You announced. "Its late and I need to sleep, so sorry." You start guiding her to the door but she doesn't budge.

"We won't be too much noise, you can leave." You returned her threatening glare and sauntered up the stairs. You stared down at your hands once you were sat in the middle of your bed, trying to ignore the voices below.

"What's wrong with me?" You ask the empty room that gave no reply. It was as if you nothing had come from your lips. It was empty, just how you were empty of words when North had told you to leave, how your heart felt empty, how you hated feeling empty.

With built up anger and resolve, you stomped back down to where the two were.

"What now? You're interrupting—"

You didn't spare her a glance when you came down, your eyes were focused on Markus who was also focused on you and the feeling of your lips when they pressed against his.

Before he could respond, close his eyes, or do anything really you had pulled away then looked at North. "So sorry to interrupt, whatever your name was. Forgot to kiss him goodnight and it appeared that you needed to see it."

"Do you hear this, Markus?" She asks the stunned android that was still processing what happened. "She is speaking like an idiot."

"How else would you have understood what I was saying?" North was going to reply but you were quite fed up with her. "You can leave. In fact please do, it'd make my night."

After she left, you stood awkwardly by Markus. You did not dare glance at him knowing that you would instantly feel embarrassed. Your face heated up just thinking about what you had done.

"You... I..." Even Markus couldn't form a proper sentence for a while. He decided he did not need one when he attempted a few times.

"M-Markus, I am sorry. I didn't mean, well I wanted to but no, wait I—" He pressed his lips against yours, exactly how he felt you had kissed him before. He noticed just how perfect they felt on his, he held you closer to his body, realizing how badly he had wanted you to give him this affection.

"Markus," You called breathlessly. "I hate you."

"I believe you are wrong." He held your face with his hand, his thumb gently caressing your cheek. "I am not sure you were aware but this is not how you portray hatred for another person."

"What you meant to say was— something that I also want to say to you— I love you."

You hesitated to say it back but the loving warmth in his heterochromatic eyes lured the words from your lips that he kissed once more after you said it.

"I love you too."
—————————————

I'm such a fucking cheesy person, I can't with myself.

I enjoyed writing this! I also love Markus and Markus is a cutie that holds my heart rn.

It's like 12am so, I'm probably going to bed now so, yeah.

No fucking cussing in my Christian minecraft server and I hope you enjoyed the the one shot. ♡

Lots of love.

(A/n: not sure it came across but the request was that the reader is a Tsundere. I tried fam.)