✎ Markus X Reader

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
❝So sorry to interrupt, whatever your name was.❞

Heya.

This was requested by: CrimsonTeapot

Hope you enjoy ♡

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Markus has had plenty of encounters with plenty of people. He thought he knew how to interact with enough personalities and his social skills were as top notch as they could be. That was until he met you. You contradicted yourself constantly and you seemed to be in a crisis all the time.

You had offered him a place to hide whenever he needed. A home. A place for him to feel comfort and safety, instead of being repeatedly in a cautious state.

"I'm only helping you because I don't want to see anymore dead androids, don't think I care about your feelings."

This is what you told him the first time he had hidden with you. Later on he used your home as a way to help androids escape or hideout for a few days.

"It's not for you, I just think the law is being dumb right now," You said. He had brought another deviant to your home.

"You are not forced to help me, you have done enough for me," He replied kindly.

"No, I like seeing you!" You struggled to form another sentence when he stared at you quizzically.

"You like seeing... me?"

"I mean, I, um," You huffed. "I like seeing you do some good to the community! I don't care if you come or not."

I am such a liar.

"Oh, sorry if I have been disturbance. I'll try to only send the android that needs assistance and--"

"Y-You're not a disturbance," You interrupted. Without anymore to say and a strong feeling of embarrassment rising to your cheeks, you shut the door.

Markus had slowly become used to you contradicting yourself whenever he came around. He had to stay awhile one time and that caused confusion, mostly for him.

"Ow! Fuck! Stupid aggressive pancakes..." You mumbled under your breath.

"Are you alright?"

You nearly choked on your drink at the sound of his voice. You had forgotten he was just upstairs.

"I'm fine," You replied.

Markus, for whatever reason, started smiling as he gazed at you. "I've realized something," He says. Markus moves to stand next to you, watching as you drink from your mug to hide the blush on your face.

"You are much shorter than me."

"I-I'm not!" You poke an accusing finger at his chest. "You're just tall."

"I don't understand—"

"Do me a favor and go sit over there," You say, pointing at the velvet couch in front of the television. Markus noticed there was extra pillows and the controller was within reach.

"Did you fix the living room? Was it... for me?" A small part of him hoped he was right and after thinking last night, he may know the reason why.

"No, I happened to be cleaning!" You crossed your arms and avoided his eyes. "I didn't do for your comfort, or because I thought you'd enjoy watching the news, or— yeah, no."

You cleared your throat, going back to quietly drinking from your mug. You managed to embarrass yourself once more and you managed to attempt at kindness only to say that you didn't care about him. Absolutely genius.