Chapter 4

The familiar rooftop of Francoise DuPont High School came into view as Chat Noir sneakily followed the akuma with Marinette in his arms. His leaps were steady and precise, probably attempting to lessen her discomfort from the undoubtedly bumpy movement.

Thoughts raced through the hero's mind, as he wondered how Luka could possibly have become involved. Did he find out about how they accused her? It made sense, as she might've explained the situation to him.

He was surprised, to say the least. Luka must've cared for Marinette a lot to get akumatized for her, and judging by what he'd seen at the ice rink a while ago, an uneasy feeling settled in his chest.

However, he forced himself to bring himself back to reality as the figure landed in the corridors of the school. Chat Noir's eyes narrowed as he watched the akuma stroll calmly towards the entrance of Marinette's classroom, which he stood outside of, out of view from the people inside.

"It'll be fine, my Melody. Don't be scared," Heartstring assured, cradling her trembling body to his chest.

"W-What if she lies again?" Marinette choked, eyes glossy and flickering back to their natural bluebell.

"Ssshh..." he hushed, twirling a lock of her midnight hair around his finger. "I promised you would be safe, and I would never lie to you."

A genuine, albeit shaky, smile appeared on her face, as he began to play a short tune on his heartstrings. After bringing back the calming aura surrounding them, he rubbed her back soothingly as she lay her head on his chest.

Chat Noir silently watched from nearby, trying to ignore the pang in his heart as he saw the akuma hold her close. Though he wanted to lunge at him and carry his Princess away to safety, he couldn't risk her getting hurt, and so he held his breath, not interfering when Luka turned to the classroom door.