οκτώ

Ryujin hasn't been seen again since that night- a relief for Rosé, but a burden on Y/N's conscious. She wasn't prepared to swordfight her only ex- this wasn't Scott Pilgrim, after all. But she finally began to understand what this all meant. She was just scared that she would have to do something crazy, like fight Zeus. She's not ready for that type of drama with her in-laws.

"You met someone?" Y/N's mom spoke into the phone. "That's great! Where is she from?"

"Olympus...Seattle." Y/N explained while making breakfast. "Would you mind if I brought her home for Christmas this year? Her family's super far."

"Can she cook?"

"Well- not quite."

"Can she clean?"

"No, she's quite messy."

"Well, what does she do?"

"She's... an excellent conversationalist?" Y/N opted. "Look, I gotta go. She just woke up. Just let me know, okay? No one deserves to be alone on the holidays."

"Alright, sweetie." Y/N's mom warmly replied. "I love you, okay?"

Y/N told her mom all the sappy stuff- that she loved her too, that she hoped she had a nice morning, and that they would talk later. She hung up, focusing on the waffle maker in front of her.

"Forgive me, but I think I had a strange dream last night that Cousin Ryujin was on the balcony." Rosé yawned, sitting down at the kitchen counter. She wore a sweatshirt and some short shorts.

"I hate to say it, Champagne- but that was real. I'm starting to think I need to buy renter's insurance for this place." Y/N remarked, pouring the batter into the waffle maker. "You've become quite dangerous."

"What happened to "Rosé-proofing" the place?" The demigod asked, using air quotes with her fingers. She totally learned that from Lisa.

"I went into The Home Depot, and they looked at me like I was crazy." Y/N laughed, turning around to face her. "So for now, behavior therapy with Jisoo seems like our best bet."

Rosé chuckled, jumping off her seat and walking over to Y/N.

"Did I ever tell you how I found you?" She asked, tracing the scratches on the counter from impromptu cooking lessons.

"With a stolen car?" Y/N smiled.

"Well, that- and the Faced Book." Rosé sheepishly smiled. "You told the screen where you were eating."

"You found me on FACEBOOK?" Y/N exclaimed, right as the waffle timer went off. She turned around and quickly retrieved her breakfast.

"Hey! Lisa says everyone looks up their person on... whatever that is." The demigod huffed. "Besides, I found you! Without knowing how to operate a car! That's rather impressive for an isolated, over-powered, fish out of the water!"

Y/N poured another waffle in, shutting the lid down and adjusting the timer.

"Can you check the date on my phone?" She asked, watching the excited girl go to read off the numbers.

"It is TWO ONE!" She exclaimed.

"The twenty-first?" Y/N asked, laughing.

"I READ THE NUMBERS!" She shouted, tackling Y/N to the ground. She kissed a chuckling Y/N, who quickly reciprocated. Finally she knew what it was like to be in love.

A knock was heard at the door. Labros barked, running to see who it was.

"I'll get it, Labros!" Rosé told the small puppy. She opened the door, revealing it to be Jisoo. She was holding up a manila folder.