επτά

The boy frowned, looking up at the sky and waving his hand to clear the stormy clouds and bring the sun out. Y/N was mesmerized.

"Allow me to introduce myself." The boy said, sitting down on the fountain. "My name is Apollo."

"As in, God of the Sun and Arts, Apollo? As in, THAT Apollo?"

"Two Gods in one day, Y/N. You're no ordinary Mortal."Apollo chuckled. "So, you're the soulmate to my sister."

"Your SISTER?" Y/N exclaimed.

"Rosé is my half-sister, I know more about her than she knows herself." Apollo explained. "Our father is very overprotective of her. He thinks her powers are a threat to society. He's guilty of favoritism- guess that's why her and I never got along."

"How many siblings does she have exactly?" Y/N asked, which Apollo laughed in response.

"She's the youngest that we know of. Father has a reputation of getting around."

"And are you close with him?" Y/N inquired.

"Gods, no!" Apollo sighed, getting up. "He believes that the arts are all Mortal affairs, that we should focus on conquest and creating heroes. It's all business with him."

Figures, Y/N thought. After all, he is a king.

"Y/N, I'm here to ask if I can claim you under my godship." Apollo explained, revealing a sun pin in his palm. "A Mortal-Demigod marriage hasn't happened in years- and between you and me, it's never been, well, like you two. If you're under my protection, then Zeus is out of luck. But, I know how he likes loopholes, so I'm giving you this. Do not use this unless it's a dire emergency."

Apollo handed Y/N a double-edged sword, with a leaf-shaped blade concealed in a scabbard.

"Not to be rude, but could you make it a little less- scary?"

Apollo waved his hand, and the blade disappeared into its hilt.

"All you have to do is activate it with the word, ANAVO. Basically you're just telling it to turn on."

"Can I ask you a crazy question?"

"My existence is one big crazy question. Go ahead."

"Why are you helping us? Why are you helping me protect Rosé?"

Apollo handed the hilt to Y/N, and sat back down next to her.

"I was always the favorite growing up. And when she came to Olympus, I treated her poorly. I thought I was better than her, but in reality, she's always been the most powerful. Zeus brought her to Olympus to conceal her powers. He made her weak. And the worst part was that I let him. Look at me- I'm what happens when you give Zeus complete control of his children. I wish I could be like my sister- independent of his rule. Unfortunately, I can't change myself. But I am determined on changing my mistakes."

A bolt of thunder boomed throughout the sky. Y/N looked over at Apollo.

"That's her. I have to go." Y/N looked at Apollo, who placed his hand on her shoulder. "OW! What was that for?"

He lifted his hand to reveal a mark in the shape of a sun- it was a sun burn. Apollo gave her a literal sun burn.

"Sorry. Had to happen." Apollo chuckled. "Now, your ride or mine?"
_________________________________

Y/N bursts in to find a silently sobbing Rosé as the rain poured down. She went over to her, and kneeled down beside her. Apollo stood in the doorway.

"I want you to stay here." Y/N confessed. "I love you."

She waited for a response, but all Rosé did was wrap her arms around her neck. She then pushed her away at the sight of her half-brother.

"What are you doing here?!" She screamed at Apollo.

"Sister, I need you to trust me- I claimed Y/N. And I'm here to get you out of Father's control." Apollo pleaded. "You have a Mother. She lives in Australia. Her name is Clare Park. He changed your birth name. Rosie, please. I used Hermes's bridge to get here- he's going to find out soon. You need to find your mother-"

Suddenly, Apollo began to glitch. Pixels dashed off his muscles as he writhed in pain.

"Apollo?" Rosé got up, moving towards him.

"Y/N- Use the sword." He said, before he faded away.

"What sword?" Rosé asked angrily, which Y/N revealed to her. "No one is going to hurt you. I promise."

Just then, Y/N looked on the balcony. Ryujin was standing there, doors wide open, holding the Godkiller.

"Let's make this easy." Ryujin stated, walking in. "I take Y/N, and we don't damage the apartment."

"No." Y/N told her, getting up and guarding Rosé.

"What did you just say to me?"

"ANAVO!" Y/N shouted, as the hidden hilt behind her back grew a sleek blade. "You're going to leave. My soulmate needs me. If you want to get to her, you've gotta get through me."

Ryujin looked stunned. She's never seen Y/N defend anyone like that- not even her. She lowered down her weapon.

"You never fought for me." Ryujin said.

"Well, you never fought for us." Y/N shrugged.

Ryujin lunged with her sword at Y/N, which Y/N managed to block. She swung again, aiming for her legs but Rosé used a nearby power cord to trip her. Y/N walked over to her.

"Leave. NOW." Y/N shifted her sword to Ryujin's jawline. Rosé untied her feet.

Ryujin glared. She got up slowly, and jumped off the balcony.

"She'll be back." Rosé stepped closer. "Where did you learn to use that thing?"

"Let's just say I had lots of lightsabers growing up." Y/N smiled as the sword collapsed. "Are you okay?"

"You called me your soulmate." Rosé smiled.

"That's what you are." Y/N got closer. "Now, this really ruined my dinner plans to make lasagna, so do you just wanna order Thai?"

Rosé nodded. The two got dressed into pajamas and watched some TV before Y/N eventually fell asleep. The demigod put her lover to bed carefully, feeding Labros and turning off the lights.

She looked around, and carefully motioned to Y/N's MacBook. She opened it up slowly, and began to type- one by one with each finger.

"Where is Clare Park?"

She clicked the search button.