"Ah, so you don't have friends."

"Shut up."

AcornGuy:
JARED

JARED PLEASE

MAYDAY MAYDAY

I NEED HELP

PLEASE COME TO MY HOUSE AS SOON AS PISSIBLE

POSSIBLE*

SHIT

"I thought he was hanging with Zoe today?" Alana said, peering to look at my phone. I shrug and just reply.

Me:
Why

Are you ok?

Did someone die

I kinda want someone to have died

AcornGuy:
NO NOBODY DIED

Me:
Damn

AcornGuy:
ITS TOO MUCH TO EXPLAIN JUST COME OVER

LIKE SOON PLEASE

IM CURRENTLY FREAKING OUT

A LOT

Me:
I noticed

I'll be there soon

AcornGuy:
GOOD

"Alrighty, looks like I'm head to Evan's now apparently."

"Okay," Alana laughs. "Call me later and tell me what happened."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Jared!"

I get up and brush myself off. "We'll see when we get there." She rolls her eyes but gets up, too. She hugs me, then kisses my cheek. It's kinda stupid and cliché, but she does it every time we part ways.

"See ya later, alligator."

"Bye," I wave and start walking to my car. Time to go see what Evan's freaking out about.

———————

I pull into Evan's drive way and I see him look out the window to see if it's me. I make a peace sign and keep walking to his door. Before I could even knock, he opens the door and quickly drags me in.

"Woah, calm down. I didn't think you wanted me that bad," I say suggestively, trying to joke around in case this actually turns into another serious conversation.

"Shut up, Jared."

He immediately leads me to his room and shoved me inside.

"I have a problem." He says shutting the door.

"What kind of problem?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows and sitting on his bed.

"Not that kind of problem!" I laugh as he rolls his eyes. "Just listen, please?"

"Alright, alright. What happened?"

"Okay, so me and Zoe were just hanging out and stuff, then we start getting in this whole conversation about what we did before I told the truth about the Connor thing and then she starts saying about how all that stuff was like the best time of her life and she wantedtogobacktodatin-" He said in a rush, saying everything at one time.

"Woah, woah woah! Hold the goddamn phone! I literally did not understand a word you just said." I interrupt. He sighs and finally gets to the point.