2

Mark got bored easily.

After hours of watching videos and browsing the internet for nothing in particular, he craved to do something else with his time. He was tired of laying on his bed in the same place, he needed some sort of stimulation.

He swung his legs over the side of his bed and allowed his feet to dangle before touching the floor, bending down to slip them into his sneakers. He might as well walk around campus and find something to do with himself, or maybe just enjoy the cool afternoon air.

He slipped on a deep red sweater over his white t-shirt in case he got a bit too cold, then headed toward the door. As soon as he swung it open, he heard a signature sound from down the hallway. That high pitched laugh that annoyed Mark endlessly, yet after hearing it so often he'd gotten used to it.

He leaned slightly into the door frame, spotting the back of Jackson's body down the hallway in front of someone else's dorm room, and Mark could see him talking and making hand gestures. He was too far away to hear the conversation, but he definitely saw the younger having a great time down there. Mark wanted to avoid running into him so he didn't have to deal with his relentless flirting, but it also happened to be the case that Mark was a bit nosy as well, and he often observed people from afar rather than shoving himself in the middle of any situation.

Jackson suddenly took a step back, looking as if he were ending the conversation. The person he was talking to moved closer, walking out into the hallway where Mark could finally see him. He was a bit taller than expected, but it was pretty average height, his messy raven hair untamed as if he'd just woken up not long ago. But, the guy was cute. Startlingly cute. And unfamiliar. Mark pretty much knew everyone he shared the dorm building with since they've ran into each other or been in classes together at some point, so who exactly was this guy? He would remember such a cute guy hanging around, but no matter how hard Mark looked, he couldn't recognize that face.

Jackson waved at the guy just seconds after, and the unfamiliar student retreated back into his room. Mark knew he should do the same as soon as he heard footsteps incoming down the hall, knowing that if he were caught, Jackson would tease him endlessly for eavesdropping. He closed the door softly and ran back to his bed, slinging himself on top of it and waiting for Jackson to enter.

It was only moments after that Jackson walked in, that bright grin plastered on his face. "Hello Marko Polo! I'm back!"

"Don't call me that." Mark mumbled, watching as Jackson approached his bed out of the corner of his eye.

"Aw, but I love cute nicknames between us. You should give me one!" Jackson exclaimed, pressing his hands to Mark's mattress and leaning over the elder.

Mark shoved him away, opening his laptop to make himself look busy. "Horny sleezeball."

"I was hoping for something more like Jackie or JJ but, whatever floats your boat." Jackson huffed as he returned to his bed.

A few moments of silence settled between them, and though Mark cherished the quiet, he was too curious about the guy Jackson had been talking to and having a great time with down the hall. Mark stared at his blank laptop screen, hating the fact that his curiosity was eating away at his insides. "... meet anyone?"

Jackson hummed as if he had to think about it. "Eh, not really. Same guys I used to dorm with."

Mark frowned, turning over to face him. Was he lying? Or did he happen know that seemingly random guy down the hall? Had that just been someone that Mark never had the chance to talk with before? "Really? No one new, at all?"

Jackson shook his head. "Not really, no."

"Oh..." Mark flipped onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. Maybe it was just no one then. He felt a bit weird about it though; how could someone so insignificant make Jackson laugh so hard and smile so wide? It bothered him, to say the least.

Only because the last thing he needed was more of Jackson's laughter around.

"Well..." Jackson suddenly started, catching Mark's full attention as it seemed he'd suddenly remembered something. "There was a guy. I mean, he's a new kid, but he's not a freshman, he transferred schools. Dunno why. He lives down the hall. But that's the only fresh face I've seen, everyone else is the same old same old."

So  that mysterious guy was a new kid. At least that explained why he seemed so unfamiliar. "Oh... well, does that guy have a name?"

"Jinyoung." Jackson answered, a little giggle escaping him as he brought up the memory from just minutes ago of him and the new kid. "He's funny. Kinda cute too."

"Cute?" Mark repeated, his tone coming off a bit too surprised. He'd just never heard Jackson call anyone else aside from him cute before. It felt weird. He should probably be happy considering that he complains about Jackson calling him such adjectives all the time, but for some reason that emotion couldn't be triggered by the information.

"Really cute, actually." Jackson enthused,v, almost as if  to further rub it in. He glanced over at Mark, a mischievous smirk tugging at his lips. "Watch out Mark, you may have some competition."

Mark felt personally attacked for some reason, as if he was supposed to feel threatened by some random kid down the hall. He didn't feel threatened at all, he was just curious. Now he's got his information, he didn't need anything else. "Shut up, I'm not competing for anything."

"I'm joking. No one could replace my Markipoo." Jackson cooed as he laid back against his pillow.

"No, I genuinely hope someone does replace me, I'm so tired of you." Mark turned his back to Jackson, refusing to look at the smug expression on his face any longer.

"It's all love, under that hard mean exterior, you're a soft ball of putty all for me." Jackson stated with that high pitched chuckle following.

"How about you study for that math class you enrolled in instead of flirt with me all day. The last thing I need is to hear you whining about how you had to beg your teacher to pass you." Mark retorted.

"No one needs math, it's the stupidest subject." Jackson complained.

Mark rolled his eyes. Why did he have to dorm with this guy? "You're the stupidest guy I know."

"Don't worry, our kids won't take on my stupid gene after I dick you down." Jackson assured, an excited sparkle in his eyes as he closely watched Mark for his reaction.

"Shut up." Mark grumbled, putting that hopeful sparkle right out as he he hopped off of his bed and grabbed a towel from a bag he was too lazy to unpack. "I'm taking a shower."

"Think of me in there~" Jackson called as Mark entered the bathroom. He wiggled his brows at the elder, making an effort to even sensually bite his lip. "I think of you plenty when I shower, return the favor babe."

"No!" Mark snapped, slamming the door behind him.