The Decision

A bright light shined through my closed eyes. I opened them to see my stepmother above me.

"What on earth are you doing in the closet? Is that...the book I took from you yesterday?"

I stood up and ran around her.

"Isabella!" Mary yelled.

"No! Why can't I have this? Why? You know something...it's about my parents isn't it?"
I held in my tears, watching Mary stay dead quite.

"You do know something..." I backed away and ran to my room, locking the door behind me.

I found nothing yet Mary acts as if there is more to it. Why can't I know?

A knock on my door occurred with a soft voice. "Isabella? It's me, Rebbecca...can I come in?"

I opened the door just a small bit to see if it was just her. She smiled at me.

A few Moments Later...

"I may know something. The day you were brought to us is when your parents went missing. Your father had brought you to us. It sounded like they were in trouble and Mary made it clear that if she were to protect you...she would keep this secret away from you. Deep down, I know your parents loved you, which is why they had my mother take you in."

As Rebecca informed me, I grew more hopeful that they were alive.

"This means that they are somewhere out there...or in that other world..." I mumbled.

"What another world?" Rebecca asked.

I grabbed her hands hoping she would trust me and try to at least hear me out. "There is another place that is much different than the one we live in and I think Mary knows about it because she has been there with my mother. I read it somewhere in the book that she took away from me."

Rebecca stood up from the bed. "Isabella, this is nonsense. They died in a fire!" They are gone, there is no other world!"

I should have known she wouldn't believe me. She was always a good listener but never the one to agree on my side.

"You're wrong! And I will prove it." I stood up and walked to my door.

"Where are you going?" Rebecca yelled as I opened the door. "To find my parents."

I didn't know where to start. I didn't know how to find this world.

"Wait...I'll...come with you." Rebecca walked towards me, touching my shoulder as she gave me a look as if she would lose me.

I know that we aren't related but to me...she was my true family when I didn't have anyone else.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Rebecca asked.

//This is a short chapter but it'll get longer later on:) btw if I mess up on something, go ahead and comment and let me know where and what to fix//