The Songbird [Harry Styles]

All my works are copyrighted under the copyright designs and patents act 1988. This includes all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement is of this Copyright is punishable by law.

Copyright © 2012 thesamemistakes

-Credit to LuceNEVERTRUSTADUCK for making the trailer-

♪ The Songbird ♪

“You’re making a huge mistake,” I whispered, my words cracked, crumbling at the seams like I was inside. He looked up at me, those bright, emerald irises danced with everything that I never was.

“Maybe,” he shrugged. The words and the decision seemed to come easily for him. It was then that I realised that it was because he was normal. He’d done this so many times. “Or maybe,” he took my hands in his. They felt big as they enveloped my own; his touch foreign. “It could be the best decision of our lives.”

-

Love is overrated. Crying is overrated. Life is overrated.

This is because Annabelle Salter is a simple girl. She doesn’t need these complications that are love, weakness, and opportunity. She’s a simple girl with a not so simple past. She had her life planned out: She was sticking it out with her Mother in adoption – Ariel – in a small unheard of town in England until she turns nineteen. Home-schooled, quiet, reserved and having spent the majority of her childhood isolated from the reality that is danger, socialization and people, she isn’t prepared in the slightest for the very complicated idea that comes crashing into her well thought out and organised life.

After an anonymous phone call to her house in England, she receives news that she’s to travel to New England, America, over Christmas.

It’s only law for things to go wrong when an eighteen year old girl who has no idea how to handle life, and mostly, people; gets thrown into working in a mansion containing masses of celebrities all battling it out for ignorant television.

She’s just trying to survive her time there. Little did she think the thing she doubted the most, would get in the way.