Chapter 14: Undercover or Vacation? The Oceanside Mission Begins

Start from the beginning

"Settle down, Naruto," the Toad Sage waved his hands to emphasize. Then his face twisted in a perverted grin, and a gleam appeared in his eye.

"Alright, Naruto," Jiraiya proclaimed imperiously, "I'm going to teach you one of my most important techniques. The ability to properly size up any opponent."

Of course, rather then teach the boy how to evaluate another ninja's Taijutsu or chakra levels, the pervert had instead drilled Naruto until the young Genin could tell any woman's measurements at a glance. Already familiar with the female form from his Sexy Jutsu, now only the bulkiest of clothes could conceal a girl's figure from his piercing blue eyes.

Tenten set aside the green bikini she had chosen for her self, and took down a lavender tankini and mid-shorts combo for Hinata to try.

"Hinata, Tenten," a loud voice called across the store. Ino's greeting was full of false warmth and sharp jealousy.

"It looks like great minds really do think alike," she simpered as she sauntered over, "If we want to fit in with normal students, we'll need new swimsuits before our 'vacation'."

She looked at the swimsuit Tenten had handed to Hinata, and smirked, "I didn't think that was exactly your style, Hinata."

The Hyuga princess's eyes narrowed. She snatched up the string bikini Tenten had first offered her, and strode proudly into the dressing room.

"So Sakura and I were talking..." Ino suddenly realized she was alone, "Where is Sakura?"

'Uh-oh,' the Genin knocked over a stack of sandals as a panic gripped him. As he bent over to pick up the footwear, he felt a sudden, murderous intent pushing down on him.

"NA-RU-TO," Sakura growled. When he looked up, he could have sworn he could see fire in the kunoichi's eyes.

"Are you spying on Hinata and Tenten? Trying to see them changing?" Sakura demanded, raising her fist to prepare to wallop him.

"NO," Naruto insisted, "Grandma Tsunade sent me here with Iruka to buy new cloths for the mission. She doesn't think I have anything suitable to wear."

His answer was both honest and plausible. Sakura turned, and caught sight of their teacher looking at shirts. Some of her anger faded, and was replaced by equal parts doubt.

"Then what are you do looking at them?" she lowered her hand slightly, but did not stop glaring at him.

"I was over here looking for flip-flops, when I heard Ino shouting, and naturally I looked."

"Alright," Sakura nodded. Then she grabbed a pair of blue sandals in his size and thrust them into his hands, "These will be fine for you."

Then she grabbed Naruto's collar, and dragged him back to Iruka.

"Sensei, you lost something," she said, dropping Naruto next to the newly minted Jonin.

"Oh, thank you, Sakura," Iruka eyed Naruto suspiciously.

"Please keep him over here, ok?" she requested.

"Naruto, what were you doing?" the teacher asked after Sakura left.

"I was just trying to see what kind of swimsuit Hinata is going to pick out," the Genin answered defensively.

"Naruto, you'll get to see Hinata's new swimsuit plenty over the next week," Iruka lectured, "You need to show some more respect."

"Come on sensei, don't you want to see what kinds of tastes those girls have."

"First off," Iruka answered, "They are all my students. Second, I have respect for women."