Chapter 14: Undercover or Vacation? The Oceanside Mission Begins

Start from the beginning

"Iruka," she spoke to the Jonin instead, "I've seen Naruto's fashion sense. Or total lack thereof. Take him shopping, and make sure he has appropriate clothing for the week."

"Yes, ma'am," Iruka answered with a chuckle.

"Oh man, is that it?"

In the hall Hinata tentatively called, "Tenten?"

"What is it, Hinata?" the brown-eyed girl asked.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure."

Ino grabbed Sakura's arm as they rounded the corner, and stopped her romantic rival.

"Wha..." Haruno started to ask what Yamanaka what she was doing, but the blond kunoichi shushed her.

"Did you see Hinata back there?" Ino whispered, "I want to hear this."

"It's just..." Hinata was struggling to find the words, "I... umm... I don't have a swimsuit. I mean, I still have my academy swimsuit, but I don't think it will fit. And it has the Konoha Leaf on it..."

She fidgeted, "I've never bought a swimsuit before and..."

"This is the first time Naruto will see you in a suit, and you want to look nice," Tenten supplied. Hinata nodded and looked down at her feet.

"Hinata," Tenten took her arm with a smile, "It would be my honor to help you find a swimsuit that will knock Naruto's socks off."

"Thank you, Tenten."

"You know, I could use a new suit, too," Ino said conspiratorially. Looking at her face, Sakura knew what her competitive friend intended.

"Maybe we should leave them alone," the pink-haired kunoichi suggested, but her inner spirit shouted, "No way I'm letting Ino or Hinata look better than me!"

"Alright Hinata, what are your measurements?"

Naruto's head popped up above a pile of Hawaiian shirts, when he heard Tenten's voice across the store.

"My... my measurements?" Hinata stuttered, then quietly mumbled, "Ummm.. mmm...mmm, mmmm, mmm."

"5 feet, 5 and one half inches," Naruto answered under his breath, "103 pounds, 32B -24-33."

"What was that, Naruto?" his escort asked.

"Oh, nothing, Iruka-sensei," the teen hid his face from his teacher.

"Did you find anything?"

"No, they're all pretty ugly," Naruto lied, "I'm gonna go over there and look at sandals."

Naruto slid silently across the store, hiding behind various racks of clothing. Then he saw the two kunoichi, standing in front of the swimsuits. Each was wearing a loose fitting shirt and shorts, to facilitate changing clothes. And Hinata was blushing furiously.

Naruto was torn. His hormones and Jiraiya's training both urged him to get closer. But his respect for Hinata told him to leave. Then Tenten held up a bikini for Hinata's consideration, and any thoughts of leaving were abandoned.

"Oh, no, I don't think," Hinata stammered looking at the slight two-piece.

"Ok, the maybe too much to start," Tenten acknowledged, putting the suit back, "Hmm, this one is my size."

"5'7", 98 lbs, 30A -24-30," Naruto mumbled instinctively.

"So what are we going to work on first?" Naruto asked. Upon arriving at Jiraiya's mansion, the young Genin had not even bothered to settle in before begging his new sensei to start their training.