Chapter 11: Dancing With a Demon

Start from the beginning

"8 Trigrams," the Hyuga Jonin exclaimed, stabbing a chakra point on the demon's spine.

"2 Palms," he continued, striking the left shoulder, and elbow.

"4 Palms," the speed of his strikes increased as his path took him in front of the bloodsucker.

"8 Palms, 16 Palms," he flowed around his would be master, shutting down his chakra network.

"32 Palms, 64 Palms," Doraku was barely standing, and Neji was a blur.

"128 Palms," Neji concluded with a massive volley. But then the demon started to chuckle.

"Very impressive," he proclaimed, looking to where his weapon had been knocked, "I might be in trouble, if it wasn't for one little thing."

The demon placed his hands together and intoned, "Chakra Pulse!"

"You see," the monster smirked as he stretched back to his normal posture, "Hinata has a counter for that move."

"I am well aware of the technique Hinata and Naruto developed," Neji's verbal counter was just as smug, "I just needed to disrupt your Chakra network for a second."

Doraku was unable to dodge as the now free Sakura Haruno barreled into him.

"Fine," the demon snorted in disdain as he rose. His tone was still amused, but his eyes were not, "Play time is over then."

As he dropped his arms, the vampire's limbs were surrounded by both the soft blue glow of the Gentle Fist, and the purple sparks of the Ranshinsho. His eyes transformed under the power of both the Sharingan and the Byakugan. And under Neji's restored Byakugan, chakra spiked out of each of the monster's muscles.

"I'll humiliate you with your own techniques."

Sakura blinked, and missed the Doraku's charge. Before she realized, the demon was trading blows with Neji, this time pushing the teen Jonin back. Sakura started to move to help, but Neji shook his no, then indicated Lee with a glance. The other young man was clutching his chest again, and the medical ninja blinked in acknowledgement. She flashed across the cavern, and gently brushed his hands aside. Using both touch and chakra, she determined his ribs were cracked, not broken, but a splinter had come perilously close to his left lung. She quickly dissolved the shard, and then started to repair his bones.

"That was a mistake," the demon hissed. He knocked Neji's hands wide, and drilled two fingers into each of Neji's shoulders. Muscles tore, his chakra system was interrupted, and his arms flailed wildly from the shock to his nervous system. With the shinobi temporarily crippled, the monster was able to grab Neji's shoulders, and place his face inches from the teen's. As he did, the demon's eyes changed again, the circling tomoe becoming blade-like and connecting to his pupil.

"Mangekyo Sharingan, Tsukiyomi!"

For three long heartbeats, the enemies' eyes were locked. Then Neji let out a pitiable whimper. The demon released him, and Hyuga collapsed to the floor, eyes open yet seeing nothing. Doraku let out a sharp breath as he returned his focus to Lee and Sakura.

"Well, that technique is exhausting," he commented, "But quite useful. Total incapacitation, and no permanent damage. And I also have the technique to wake him up when I need."

He nodded at Sakura, then added, "Of course, that means I need to keep you away from Neji, my dear."

"Sakura," Lee stepped in front of her, whispering, "Guy-sensei has taught me how to fight those with the Sharingan. I will hold him off while you restore Neji."

"Do you think I will let that happen?" the monster asked. He stood over Neji, challenging them. Lee started towards the demon, but Sakura rushed past him. Doraku caught her fist in his hand. Sakura let out an angry shout, and the demon was shocked when he pushed was back. The girl did not even seem to notice the disrupting electricity flowing into her. She punched again, and the vampire released her left fist to avoid her right.