Feng Xiang Rong also knew that Feng Jin Yuan was not a particularly good father, but in any case, he was still her father. She thought to herself that she should cry a bit, right? Her emotions stirred for a long time before she raised her hand to wipe her eyes; however, she found that not a single tear had come out. There was nothing that she could do, as she bitterly said: “I’m unable to cry. Aren’t I quite cold?”

Xuan Tian Yi shook his head: “It was caused by Feng Jin Yuan himself. How could this be blamed on you? If you don’t believe it, just ask your second sister. Ask her if she cried when Feng Jin Yuan died.”

Xiang Rong smiled bitterly, “Tears definitely did not come out. The relationship between second sister and father was even colder. The things that father did to second sister truly made him unworthy of even having second sister call him father. But he could be considered a bit fortunate. Right before dying, he had second sister at his side. Originally, when she had heard that he had gone South with Madam Yao and Fu Ya, she had thought that even if he died, there would be nobody to take care of looking after him.” As Xiang Rong spoke, she took another look at the letter, “Second sister said that right before he died, he began to regret the things that he had done. Unfortunately, it was too late. If he could have come to understand it earlier, the Feng family would not have suffered its current fate. You don’t know it, but the Feng family was quite good, but that sort of good was limited to the time before second sister was sent to the Northwest. After that, Chen shi became the head wife, and everything changed.”

She let out a long sigh, as countless emotions welled up inside her chest. All of her memories of the Feng manor from the moment that she could form memories began to surge forth, and this brought out a few tears.

Xuan Tian Yi was not very knowledgeable about how to console crying girls, and he recalled that Bu Ni Shang had also cried in front of him a few times. He gritted his teeth and endured it. In the end, when he could no longer endure it, he left with a flick of his sleeve; however, he had been unwilling to say a single word of consolation. Now, however, when Xiang Rong was crying, he could not stop himself from raising his arm to use his sleeve to wipe her tears. He even very naturally said: “Don’t cry. It’s all in the past. In the future, won’t there be good days to come?!”

Xiang Rong cried in a different way than Bu Ni Shang. When Bu Ni Shang cried, she would act spoiled while crying. Also, while acting spoiled, she would want to get revenge. Xiang Rong just sat there with a straight back while remaining completely silent. Tears dripped like beads, and it looked like she was not making any sound; however, it was quite a distressing sight.

Xuan Tian Yi felt that he really was quite distressed; however, he truly did not know how to console her. After holding it in for a while, he managed: “How about I sing you a song?”

Xiang Rong immediately let out a laugh. The sadness that she had felt from Feng Jin Yuan’s passing was immediately reduced by quite a bit. She helplessly let out a sigh: “I’m not actually hurt. It was just a result of blood relations that tears began to start falling. It’s a natural reaction by the body and does not have much relation to my feelings. But regardless of what is said, I must thank you to make it so that I am not completely alone when I found out about my father’s passing. That would truly be miserable!”

Only then did Xuan Tian Yi smile: “Right! My little master should rejoice a little. When Feng Jin Yuan was alive, he did not provide you with a good life. Whether he lives or dies, what sort of effect does that have on you? Either way, the Feng family is already the way it is. There’s no difference from if it had disappeared. As I see it, it would be better to bring your mother to this side. Didn’t you say that Feng Yu Heng provided you with a residence? Bring her over, and you two can live together. How great!”