Chapter 4: Cook

Bowie opened the door the next morning and found Sean asleep by the doorframe. Grumpy at first, he nudged the fairy with his foot but realized that Sean wasn't responding. Crouching down to Sean's level, he gently patted his face. "Hey, wake up." There was still no response, so Bowie pressed a palm over the other's forehead. He has a fever.

Sean gradually opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Bowie in front of him. His smile faded into a pout once Bowie got up and walked away. Slowly getting up on his wobbly legs, Sean took one step and collapsed to the ground.

Stopping in his steps to look back, Bowie sighed. "Seriously?" He went back to check on the unconscious male. "Hey, Bunny. Get up. What kind of a fairy gets sick from sleeping outside for a night?"

Sean could barely move.

"Geez! I know I'm going to regret this." Bowie wrapped Sean's arm over his shoulders and assisted him back into his apartment. Shutting the door, Bowie helped the weak fairy over to the couch. "Are you hungry? You want some parsley, I mean, food? What do you eat anyway?"

"Human food."

"Let me call Jeremy to tell him that I'll be late to work today. I'll heat up the soup that Henry ge made. Would you like that?"

Sean stared at him with wide eyes and nodded.

"Wait here. I'll be right back." Bowie returned shortly with a large bowl of pork lotus root soup mixed with some rice. "I added the rice so that it would be more filling."

Sean wanted to take the bowl but was a little lacking in strength to hold it.

"It's okay. I'll feed you." Bowie scooped up a spoonful, blew it a little to cool it, and then fed it to Sean.

"It's good," Sean mumbled.

"Henry ge owns a Chinese restaurant. He lives next door, so he brings me food every day."

"I know."

"Right. I forgot that you're actually Bunny."

"You don't know how to cook at all?"

"My cooking might put someone into a coma."

"A food coma?" Sean queried.

"No. It's the kind of coma when a person falls into a deep sleep and won't wake up. My cooking is that bad."

"Oh." Sean pressed his lips into a thin line to refrain from laughing. "You'll have to find a lover who can cook."

Bowie continued to feed Sean until the entire bowl was finished. "Do you want more?"

"I'm full. Thank you."

"Did you really get sick from sleeping outside?"

"No." Sean shook his head and proceeded to explain. "When a human and a fairy make a contract, it can't be broken until the contract is fulfilled. If the human breaks the contract midway, the fairy will slowly lose his powers until he ceases to exist."

"So, the fairy will die?" Bowie derived.

Sean nodded. "Yes...eventually."

"Fairies shouldn't have to die because humans break their contracts. That's not fair."

"You're not afraid of me anymore?"

"Not when you look like this?"

Blinking confusedly, Sean asked. "What do I look like?"