You Are Screwed : Chapter 05

Start from the beginning

Seeing her excitement, a silent chuckle escaped from my lips. Walking towards her, I sat beside her before continuing, "Wen Qing, I got this file from the chip which I inserted in Wen Chao's shirt. And I don't know why a heard a voice very similar to yours." I said while playing the audio clip.

Wen Qing's eyes widened as listened to the voice. Looking at me with horror in her eyes, she shook her head violently, trying to deny as if she was being accused.

"What the hell?! Why it sounds like my voice?!" She screamed, " I didn't do anything Xiao Zhan." She gulped while her breathing became uneven. "Z-Zhan...I-I really didn't do anything!" She was almost trembling while looking at me with uncertain eyes a if they wanted to tell me the truth.

Normally Wen Qing was a calm woman who knew how to control her emotions but when some events of her past haunted her, her anxiety disorder appeared and she would become restless.

Shit! Her anxiety problem is appearing again! I have to control her first! Moving towards her, I held her shoulders tightly, trying to make her look at me. "Wen Qing, calm down. I believe in you " I said in a calm and gentle voice to make her believe that I believe in her.

She looked at me with teary eyes as if she was looking for the trust for her in my eyes. I smiled gently and nodded a little, assuring her that I trusted her. It seemed to work on her as she calmed down a bit.

"Are you okay, QingQing?" I looked at her while she lowered her gaze and nodded slightly.

She was looking down as if she was avoiding my gaze of her. Unconsciously, my brows got knitted, trying to understand her odd behavior. Whenever we were having a conversation, she used to look at me directly. She only looked down or avoided my gaze when she told a lie or hid something from me.

For now I was sure that she didn't lie to me. It only meant that she was hiding something from me.

"QingQing, look at me," I smiled softly, trying not to scare her but she shook her head and looked away. "Wen Qing, I said look at me!" I said in a cold yet a commanding tone to which no one on the earth dared disobey my words.

She looked at me while her uncertain black orbs clearly conveyed that she was hiding something. I narrowed my eyes while trying to figure out what she was hiding.

"QingQing, what are you hiding from me?" I asked in a cold yet caring voice.

"I am sorry." Wen Qing burst into tears, leaving me astounded. "I am really sorry."

"You are sorry about what?" I asked, unable to understand what she actually meant.

"I shouldn't have met you. I shouldn't have entered your life," she sobbed while closing her eyes tightly. "Because of me you are facing so many problems."

For a few fraction of second I looked at her without any reaction. I couldn't understand what she wanted to mean. Why she was saying those strange words to me?

"QingQing, look at me first," I cupped her face gently, making her look into my eyes. "Now tell me what happened. Why are you behaving strangely?"

"I am sorry," Wen Qing shut her eyes rightly, letting big drops of tears to escape from her eyes.

"A-Qing, what happened?" I asked desperately since I couldn't bear to see the tears in my best friend's eyes. Wiping her tears with my thumb I continued, "Please talk to me and say something else than 'I am sorry.'"

"Z-Zhan..." She looked at me while her fingers tightly clutched the fabric of my shirt at my lower arms. "I-I think I k-know who d-did this."

"You know?" My brows furrowed, forming deep lines on my forehead.