~Cold Hands~

Y/n's POV

I shivered for what felt like the millionth time in just the last minute. I tried pulling my hood even closer to my face so I could trap at least a bit of heat, but nothing was working. My fingers were going numb as I tried to compact myself more into the cushioned seat.

Currently, the whole grade is in the auditorium to watch Toy Story. Why? I'm not sure myself, but I'm definitely not complaining. All the people yelling are causing the room to become super noisy. You would think with all these bodies in the room it would be warmer, but nope. Faculty have really got to start using funds better if they don't want students dying from hypothermia.

I watched the mayhem of students trying to sit with their friends, but all I could focus on was my freezing hands. I rubbed them against each other creating a bit of heat, but not nearly enough to stop my teeth from chattering. I regret not wearing more layers and I could almost hear my mom's voice in my head reprimanding me. My wet clothes and hair from the rain were definitely not helping the situation. If my mom were to see me, she'd probably give me the famous "I told you so" look.

Suddenly my hand felt warm and my heart almost jumped out of my chest at the possibility that C/n was the one holding it since he was sitting beside me.

"Jesus Y/n! Your hands are blocks of ice!"

I sighed a bit since that voice and that hand was not C/n's. They were his little buddy's C/b/f/n. Talk about a letdown.

Third POV

Although Y/n didn't completely hate the warmth that she was receiving, her disappointment quickly turned into annoyance as she remembered the past week's events:

Y/n had just finished her math class and was just barely able to walk fast enough to make it to her next class. As she tried to reenergize herself by remembering that she only had one class left of the day, she heard two pairs of pounding footsteps coming her way.

"Wait, no!"

Suddenly her right hand was embraced with another, her left hand soon becoming enfolded in heat as well.

"Damn, you just got here first 'cause you pushed me."

"What do you mean? I'm just faster, loser."

Y/n scoffed while pulling her hands back, "What the hell?"

"Hey Y/n, how's your day been?" C/b/f/n asked.

"It was fine until I got startled by two idiots," Y/n replied.

C/b/f/n feigned ignorance as he spoke, "Well, mind you, I was just showing C/n that our hearts are much more attracted to each other than his heart could ever be to yours. I mean, look at the facts. I grabbed your hand first, and it was the right one, the hand closest to your heart."

C/n sighed, "You just proved that I am closer to her heart than 'cause the hand closest to the heart is the left one, dumbass."

"You're such a nerd," C/b/f/n lamely retorted.

Y/n laughed at their idiocy, brushing off the interaction as being a simple friendly competition since C/n and C/b/f/n were known for making up dumb competitions to see who was "better".

However the next day this occurred again. And again, C/b/f/n reached her hand first (also finally managing to reach the one "closet to her heart"). It went on for the rest of the week, in different spots of the school and somehow always managing to startle Y/n. And of course, her annoyance grew with each time this occurred as it only reminded her of the negative thought that C/n would only ever hold her hand for a dumb competition.

Finally, on the last day of the school week, C/n reached her first, but when he grabbed her hand Y/n didn't even notice that C/b/f/n wasn't there racing against C/n.

"Hey, you have English next right?" C/n asked as they walked.

"Yup, and you?" Y/n answered, deciding to take advantage of the friendly atmosphere instead of becoming annoyed or saddened by it.

Surprisingly enough, Y/n's hand was left in C/n's as they walked casually to her next class and continued their conversation. Her obliviousness dispelled any possible awkwardness or confrontation from forming.

"I'll see you later," C/n said as he reluctantly let go of Y/n's hand so she could walk into her classroom.

"Yeah, later!"

Y/n smiled as she walked to her desk, forgetting about the occurrence.

Y/n's POV

"Yes, I know my hands are blocks of ice C/b/f/n, my whole damn body is," I stated while rolling my eyes.

"Sheesh, you don't need to be so mad. Technically I'm helping you out here," he replied, motioning to the warmth he was giving to my right hand. 

I shrugged.

C/b/f/n suddenly gasped as if he'd finally seen his first A+, causing me to jump in surprise.

"What? Is it your life's purpose to scare me or something?" I complained.

"I know why you're always so grumpy whenever I hold your hand, Ms. Y/n," he smirked, tightening his hold on my hand.

"Enlighten me," I answered sarcastically.

He leaned in closer so he could whisper into my ear. My eyebrows raised a bit in confusion since I really had no idea where C/b/f/n could possibly be going with this.

"It's because I'm the one holding your hand instead of your precious Mr. Jealous over there," he whispered.

I blushed, hoping it looked more like I was red from anger, as I readied a response. But just as quickly, I felt myself being tugged towards a warm body. I was immediately thankful for the added heat as I unconsciously leaned into it. 

"Y/n doesn't want to smell your stankass breath. And how many times do I have to tell you that I don't wanna be a part of your game anymore," C/n hissed as the lights started to dim and students were beginning to quiet down in anticipation for the movie.

I heard a low chuckle escape from C/b/f/n as I quickly glanced at him to see that he was shrugging while smirking at C/n.

"Jesus Y/n, you really are a human ice block, are you alright?" C/n asked in worry.

I slightly nodded, suddenly feeling self-conscious as I realized the position that I was in next to my new human heater. C/n's arm curled around my waist and gently tightened as I squirmed a bit. My back was against his chest– his seat starting to become mine too the more I was pulled into his embrace. After a moment, I felt the cold seeping away and the sleep I wasn't able to get the past few weeks was slowly creeping up on me as my eyes struggled to stay open.

"You're way warmer than C/b/f/n," I mumbled as I pressed my cheek into his chest.

I felt the vibrations of his laugh as he wrapped his other arm around me, my body becoming further enveloped in his body heat.

I smiled as I unconsciously let myself fall asleep, finally feeling warm.