🍷11🍷

There comes a time in every teenagers life when they feel like a grown up. Well technically as a teen I was half way there but the responsibility of having to sit and have a heart to heart talk with someone younger than you really did the job of making one feel old.

"Where the hell have you been!" I think this is a good start to a long needed talk.

Youngjaes covered head whips up and as his teary eyes meet my own I suddenly feel like rethinking my choice of words.

After three hours of searching around town feeling like some pedo out stalking for kids I've finally found my little brother. Well I was stalking kids wasn't I? But not for any twisted romantic purposes. Though if it came down to it dating someone a year or two younger than me wasn't out of the question. Unless it should be. Should it?

Ironically I found him at the park closest to our house. Dad obviously did such a good job searching before calling me.

His small figure is swaddled up in one of my orange hoodies. Swinging back and forth on the swing set he observed the starless night sky, kicking up dirt as he went.

"Taehyung-"

"Don't Taehyung me young man! Dad has been looking all over for you!" Yeah I'm sure he checked the bottom of the cereal box thoroughly.  "Why are you out here so late without calling?"

Quickly wiping his tears away he adjusts the aids in his ear before croaking "I just wanted to be alone."

My (pretend) anger instantly deflated at how sorrowful he sounded. I sat myself down on the other swing. leaning my backpack up against the rail.

"What did you and Jaebum fight about this time?"

There also comes a time in a teenagers life when they realize that there was no hope for humanity. That there is no safety even in the boundaries of your home town.

"Jaebum is getting bullied"

Everyone knew about Jaebums anxiety. It was mandatory to inform the school of any and all mental and physical conditions before enrollment to assure they would be accommodated to the fullest potential.

In jaebums case that meant teachers paid as little attention to him as possible, just how he liked it. Class participation wasn't his strong suit. Which was understandable when something as simple as the teacher calling his name a little too loudly sent him spiraling into an attack. But the teachers were on board as long as he didn't fall behind in work.

As a result the other kids zoned in on him as being the weak link. Which lead to them assuming they could push the homework they didn't want to do on his shoulders and he wouldn't even be able to stutter a protest without crying. And their assumptions were right. Sadly they hadn't known about the boys hidden persona.

They earned the names Jekyll and Hyde.

JB( Jekyll) was out in the open feigning innocence and wetting his pants at every loud noise. As soon as someone even looked at him in the wrong way youngjae( Hyde ) would take control of the situation using violent means if necessary. You didn't need to hear to win a fight.

"-And he won't tell anyone else about it! He's drowning in other people's work and having attacks every day now and he won't let me help him!" Youngjae gritted out between clenched teeth.  In his head he was probably shouting, but in actuality it was barely above a whisper "I had to make him skip school the other day, he was on the brink of a breakdown!"

The night silence after his little outburst was filled with the croaking of frogs. I listened to them for a minute to give some time  to calm down before I gave my very adult like advice.

"Do you want to hear about my own Mr Hyde? "