🍷4🍷

Vampires

Blood sucking children of the night.

Vampires have been around since the dawn of time, roaming the earth longer than humanity itself.

The original strain of vampires were called 'blue bloods' oddly enough.

The blue bloods are considered royalty among their kind and often posses unique abilities.

Necromancy, pyromancy, telepathy, etc.

Vampires like werewolves preform in mating rituals. The mating ritual is when one finds the person they wish to be with and they seal the deal with a bite or another form of marking.

Mating for blue bloods however is a bit different.

They cannot mate with just anybody. They experience what is called a 'soul mate'

Soul mates come with three types of bond.

A weak bond where the two can spend weeks apart.

A normal bond where they can only spend days apart.

And a strong bond , which is very rare, where the two can only be a part for a few hours before they begin aching for one another———

"What are you reading Taebear?" Dad asks resting his keys down on the kitchen counter. My twin little brothers sauntering in behind him.

"Nothing." I say closing the book I just borrowed this afternoon. It was originally just a trip to visit Yoongi, but I ended up finding something anyway " just another vamp book."

I give the twins a smile in greeting. When they both glare at each other before storming off upstairs I give dad a questioning look.

"What's up with those two?"

He opens the fridge, searching for leftovers. "Oh, the school called me, they skipped today. So I grounded them." He says pulling out a bowl of pasta. He takes a fork and hops up on the counter eating it cold.

I'm my dads kid from his first marriage. My mom died after I was born. Five years later he got remarried and had the twins a while after. The second wife cheated on him and they ended up getting divorced. She didn't want the twins so she didn't fight for custody.

Mostly because Youngjae was born deaf and Jaebum has severe anxiety.

It's not a reason to abandon your kids I know, but I'm glad she's gone. She was never nice to me anyways.

Jae got hearing aids at an early age, but most times he chooses not to wear them. He's a quiet kid, but he's generally really sweet and you need to be gentle with him.

JB is a different case. You need to be firm and specific with him in order to keep him calm. Simple things as not being clear with instruction set him off. If you show even a single sign of anger or annoyance towards him he gets really fidgety .

Of course that's not the case with his twin. The rules don't apply for the other half.

"Really? Why?" I ask.

Dad shrugs his shoulders with a mouth full of noodles "beets me, they wouldn't spill. I tried questioning them individually, but you can guess how that worked out."

Jae would take out his aids and avoid eye contact so he couldn't lip read. JB would start to panic. Typical.

Dad was good at interrogation, he was a detective after all. "I was thinking maybe you could talk to them later, for your old man?"

"You're not old you just turned forty!"

"You may be the only teen on earth who wouldn't consider that old." He laughed. Throwing his bowl in the sink he stood behind me peeking over my shoulder . "So, what's going on in this one?"

My mood skyrocketed immediately "it's just some history! I figured being well read would come in handy soon enough."  I say flipping through pages to show him what interested me most. " there is this entire section just for soul mates! Don't you think it's kinda cool to just know that there is someone out there hand made just for you?"

Dad just listens to me rant and rave with a small smile "and does that stalker of yours have your supernatural interests?"

I get the feeling he does, but hold on. What?!

"What?"

Dad quirks a brow "don't pretend like you didn't hear me. Only jae gets a free pass on that." He laughs

Oh. Fuck. That little fucker!

"He told you?" I ask, hopeful it wasn't who I thought it was .

"Yes, Jimin called me as soon as he saw you two talking outside. He said ' Mr Kim! Get home now! I think Tae is about to get raped!' And I quote."

He stops laughing and gives me a once over. "I'm sorry I didn't make it in time but they didn't really....."

I wish.

"No dad!" I groan poking his nose " nothing happened!"

"You sure Taebear? You can talk to me about anything you know."

"I'm sure you old fart! We just watched a movie and then he had to go."

"Ok ok!" He lets up showing his hands innocently "just looking out for my boy."

After one awkward hug later I retired to my room and snuggled up with my cat 'lion'. Tomorrow at school we had work to do.

Min Yoongi was now my new obsession and I would unlock all of his secrets.