To the city

19:30

As the chinook landed medics flooded inside and forced Jonas into a stretcher. "Hey! I'm perfectly fine!" he protested.

"No your not, " answered Oliver walking into the heli. As the medics carried Jonas off to the infirmary. "And you Laura go get yourself cleaned, you're a mess," he said walking away." Laura looked at herself, he was right. She was covered in dirt, soot, and blood. Nodding she walked to her quarters. Turning on the shower she let the water flow onto her head, watching as grime color the water underneath her feet. Laura turned sick as she remembered what she saw and done. She gaged as she saw the faces of those who died and those who met their ends at her hands. She slid down the shower's walls slowly breathing. Turning off the shower she slipped on her clothes and went to sleep.

7:30 Next day

"I told you I'm fine!" he winced as a nurse jabbed a needle into his side. He was laying on a bed in the infirmary, against his wishes. Medical equipment was strewn across the floor but he was the only patient there.

"Sergeant, Stop complaining and let the nurses do their jobs," Oliver said sitting in a chair beside him. "Now give me a report on what happened in that town." Jonas's face turned stern as he recalled the events that transpired, from the convoy ambush to their escape, with Oliver listening intently. Nodding his head Oliver stood up and spoke, "It seems that yourself and your partner did work out there."

Jonas grunted, "She was good..." He stopped as Laura walked in.

"Hey, Sarge. How's the leg?" she asked walking up to his bed.

"What I told everyone else, I'm fine," he yelled.

She rose her hands in surrender, "Sorry sir."

Jonas grunted, "Why are you here anyways?"

Laura stared at him, "Do I need an excuse to visit my CO?"

Jonas sighed as Oliver spoke up, "On other matters, due to Jonas's injury both you are allowed to go on leave." Jonas rose an eyebrow as he carried on, "So feel free to visit the city or any other activities, I don't care." Oliver then stood up and left the room.

Laura lit up at the chance to visit the city. All of the buildings, bright lights, and shops. 'Wait how am I going to get there in the first place?' Laura brightened as she remembered a certain someone in her vicinity. Walking up to Jonas's bed she rested her head on her hand. "It would be nice if someone, who probably owned a car could take me to the city," she said.

"No.," said Jonas

"Why not!"

"Because I said so."

She kneeled on the ground and grasped his hands, "Please."

Jonas deadpanned at her attempts. "Fine. Just let go of my hand," he said caving in. Laura jumped up and pulled Jonas from his bed. Running out the infirmary dragging an unwilling Jonas behind her they made their way to the parking lot, catching the eye of many soldiers and staff.

Stopping at the parking lot she came to a stop. "Which is yours?"

Pulling out a pair of keys from his pocket and sighing he unlocked his car. Laura looked as a Ford Challenger lit up. "Come on. Let's get this over with." Jonas opened the driver's side door and sat down.

Laura jumped into the passenger seat gaping at the interior. The seats were smooth leather, the interior was flawless, and it had a new car smell. "Wow. You have nice taste."

"I barely use it, so it tends to stay like this," he laughed. He turned the key in the ignition and pulled out of the parking lot. Laura looked out the window gaping at the scenery around them. Jonas turned on the radio playing Riptide by Vance Joy.

"I love this song!" she cheered as she began to sing along. Jonas looked at her joy plastered on her face as she sang. Jonas smiled as he continued to their destination. Laura gaped at the city as it grew closer. "It's been months since been in a city!" laura said. Entering the city, Jonas saw storefronts littering the streets, people walking in mass on the sidewalk, and the massive silver skyscrapers that rose above them. Parking his car on the side of the street, the two walked onto the sidewalk.

"Laura, what are you going to do?" asked Jonas.

"Dunno." she shrugged

Jonas deadpanned, "Seriously?"

"Yep"

" No plan?"

"Nope, no plan whatsoever." Jonas sighed as they walked down the sidewalk going god knows where.