I | Stiles

"This isn't you, Stiles."

"It is now."

Episode: 3x22 (De-Void.)

------

Mr. Yukimura's voice resonated in my head, one simple word that terrified me right now: read. He wanted me to read and not just read, but read an entire paragraph straight out of our history textbooks. Any one. He could've called on anyone but no, karma had to be against me. I tried refusing but he refused my refusal, saying that every student has to participate in his class. Then call on another student. It was that simple, you are the teacher.

I took a deep breath, gripping the sides of the podium and staring at the class. Then, I bowed my head and let my gaze flicker across the words. It was all jumbles, syllables floating off the page. Literally. I could not understand anything and it scared me; not knowing whether or not this was a dream. I tried to breath, calm myself down before the anxiety overtook me. But I was too late.

My lungs constricted and breathing became the hardest task ever, my vision blurred and I could vaguely hear Sir calling my name and Scott asking if I was okay. Then he said something about a nurse before I heard shuffling and hands landed on my shoulders, guiding me outside and to the boys' bathroom. I was stumbling and crashing into walls with Scott right behind me while my hands grabbed at my chest in a desperate need of oxygen.

"Stiles, you okay? Is this another panic attack?"

"Its just a dream," I replied quietly. "Just a dream," I repeated in hopes that I would wake up right now.

"No, its not," I heard Scott say as I looked at my reflection, my hands latching onto the sink. I wanted to throw up, scream, something just to get rid of all of this anxiety.

"Its real," he pressed. "You're here with me. Okay, um.. what do you do? I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake o-or dreaming?"

He was almost as panicked as I was right now. "Fingers. Yo-you have extra fingers.. in dreams. "

"And how many do I have?" Scott asked. "Look at me. C'mon, Stiles. Look at my hands and count with me."

I did as he asked, slowly turning to look at him as he held up finger after finger. My breathing was frantic between trying to distinguish what was one and what was two. I got as far as three before my breathing got heavier and Scott urged me to continue, holding up another and another.

"Ten," we breathed together though mine was more stifled than his.

"Ten," Scott then repeated twice with a nod.

I stared at him for a while, going over each of his fingers in my head while breathing became easier. Then, I sighed, turning on the tap and splashing my face with cold water. The bathroom door opened and we quickly snapped around to see who had entered; Rowan. She look almost as terrible as I felt in that moment.

We met Rowan Winters two months ago, via my friend Hannah's 17th birthday party. She was human but a good ally considering the Argents took her under their wing. Long story short, she now goes to BHHS and is part of the pack. Scott sighed in relief, glancing back at me. Rowan didn't move from by the door, leaning against it and gazing at me with curious eyes.

"You're losing your mind, Stiles." She said and I believed her. "All of you," Rowan then continued matter-of-factly. "Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt, Stiles is losing his mind. Et tu, Scott?"

She also has this annoying habit of speaking in tongues from time to time. Scott shook his head but it wasn't like he was replying to her; it was as if he was trying to remove an image or memory from his head. I knew that the sacrifice would leave side effects, Deaton did tell us but we had to do it. I looked up at Rowan, feeling her eyes on me. I didn't like the way she was looking at me. It wasn't in fear, nor in pity, nor panic. It was a blank stare. It was void, and it unnerved me.

I turned back to the sink, splashing water on my face again. "We'll be okay."

She raised an eyebrow, glancing at Scott. None of us believed that and to be honest, I don't know why I said it because it also unnerved me. We're never going to be okay. This is Beacon Hills for crying out loud, nothing's ever okay. And that was what scared me most. The fact that none of us could go back to being normal. We weren't sure when this was going to stop of if it ever was. But one thing was for sure.

We were all in this together.