XI | Rowan

I was in a wedding dress, long, flowing, silk and lace mixed with sequins and beads. It was beautiful, a golden gown that I had always dreamt of wearing. I didn't want to be traditional with white and in a way, being untraditional was traditional in my family. My mother had a blue dress, my grandmother had a pink one and my great grandmother had a peach one.

There was only one problem with me in this dress, I didn't know who I was marrying. I couldn't think of anyone who I'd be saying "I do" to so I was curious.

I took a moment to admire myself in this dress before Allison was knocking on the door. I turned to her, smiling at the sight of her in a royal blue dress that was short at the front but long in the back. She looked stunning.

"Hey, almost time to tie the knot. You excited?" I nodded vigorously, my smile brightening. I could feel the excitement flowing through my being, all the way down to my toes and my fingernails. She took my hand in hers, squeezing lightly and squealing.

As she led me through the halls of what seemed to be a banquet hall, I heard the band playing a song I recognized instantly. It was Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots, an instrumental. My excitement only increased tenfold, and I was dying to see who I was being given away to.

Finally, I was at the bottom of the aisle but I couldn't see as far as the altar. I could see the bridesmaids however, and their dresses were like Alison's but with less bedazzlement. It only then occurred to me that Alison was my maid of honor, and she was going to be walking me down the aisle.

How untraditional. I only had four bridesmaids and four groomsmen. Kira, Erica, Caitlyn and Hannah were my bridesmaids and the groomsmen were Scott, Isaac, Stiles and Jackson, in that order. I also couldn't see the best man but he was wearing a black tuxedo with a black shirt and a golden bow tie. The groomsmen wore the same but with royal blue bow ties, the colour of the bridesmaids dresses.

Alison linked her arm with mine, and I turned to her to see her smiling at me. I smiled back as she asked if I was ready. I nodded. By now, the entire room was on their feet, and the band had restarted the Twenty One Pilots song.

We started walking down the aisle, over the white rose petals, everyone expressing their congratulations. I smiled at everyone, thanked most but I didn't know who they were. Just random BHHS kids.

As we got closer, the best man's face was revealed, his curly, brown hair being a dead giveaway. It was Reece. And for once, I wasn't panicking when I saw him. He actually looked content to see me walking down the aisle.

Alison and I approached the altar, and she gave me a kiss on my cheek before whispering words of encouragement. I finally turned to my groom, only... It wasn't. It wasn't even a guy. It was Lydia, in a dress that was black like sin, with a single slit that stopped halfway up her thigh and a golden flower in her bright red hair.

It was a flower similar to the ones on the flower crown I wore. She looked stunning but I was suddenly confused. I was getting married to Lydia? Why? How?

"You look beautiful," she said to me, kissing my cheek much like Alison had done before and taking my hand.

"Thanks?" I said but it sounded more like a question. Then, we turned to the priest. I was spaced out for the majority, and I don't know why, but something in me told me to say those two words when the time came.

"You may now kiss your bride," the priest told Lydia and we faced each other. Almost there, we were inches away from sealing our fate when it happened. Lydia was pulled away from me, now bleeding. Somebody was screaming bloody murder and the whole room had erupted in chaos.

I kept trying to get to her but someone kept holding me back, pushing me down. I had this metallic taste in my mouth, bitter but sweet to me. I had blood on my dress, Lydia's most likely, since she was the only one bleeding. God, why won't this person just let me go? I only want to see Lydia! Wasn't she my wife now anyways?!