Chapter 5: We Can't Stay Here

Courtney was sitting on the couch, reading a book quietly. A million thoughts were running through her head. That run in with Katie made her anxious, she seemed like she meant no harm but there was just something about her that gave Courtney second thoughts.

As she was wrapped up in her thoughts, a voice came form the kitchen. "Princess, we're back!" Courtney immediately got up and raced into the kitchen. "I'm glad you're back." She said.

"What, did you miss me?" Duncan asked, a smug look on his face. Courtney glared at him. She sat down at the dining table, everyone's chatter filling the room. "Guys, I have to tell you something." She said, everyone looked at her.

"What, you're leaving? If you are, go ahead. The door is right there." Bridgette smirked. Courtney sneered at her. "No, i'm not leaving. Um- a women was here." Everyone looked at her, their mouths hung agape.

"Someone came to the cabin. And I talked to her," Courtney said. Bridgette gave her a nasty look. "And you just opened the door for her?" Bridgette hissed.

"She was coming in either way," Courtney said. Duncan looked at her and shook his head. "I told you not to open the door for anyone besides us," His eyes widened.

"Did she say her name? Did she say what her name was," His voice became more frantic than before.

"She said her name was Katie," Courtney said. Geoff raised a brow. "Katie? What did she look like, mocha. What was she wearing? Did she sound different?" Geoff asked.

"I believe she was wearing a coat. He voice was very slick and- i cant really explain her voice." Courtney said, rubbing her arm in embarrassment.

"She talked about you, Duncan." Duncan immediately stiffened then a scowl spread across his face. "You're not gonna hurt anyone, are you?" Courtney asked.

"These are bad people, princess. They will do or say anything to hurt us," Duncan said, placing a hand on Courtney's shoulder.

Geoff turned to Courtney. "All right, what did you think? Did it seem like she'd be coming back?" Geoff asked. "She saw a picture of you, Duncan," Courtney said.

Duncan clenched his fist, his knuckles turning white. "She was scouting. We got lucky. She wasn't expecting to find us," Duncan said.

"Courtney must have surprised her. If she hadn't been there..." Duncan shook his head and continued. "Well, she was too smart to stick around. But she'll be back with the rest of her people." Duncan said.

"We don't have much time. We have to get moving, now." Duncan said. Geoff nodded and spoke. "D's right. Everyone pack up. We're moving out."

"Why did you leave her camp, Duncan?" Courtney asked. Duncan sighed. "Because we had to, princess. You'd do the same if you were in our shoes," He said.

Duncan walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Princess, I don't know what she told you, but Heather Wilson is a dangerous person." He continued. "She's the leader of a camp not far from here, and she is very smart. We we're... Lucky to escape."

"Look, court. I'm sorry to involve you, but now that she's seen you, you'll be safer with us." Duncan said. "We have to leave," He said.

"All right. Everybody grab your stuff. Let's hit the road."

————

"Hey, Courtney... Sorry if I gave you some shit back there. I'm just a little on edge." Bridgette said. "Its okay. You wanted to protect yourself and your friends." Courtney said.

"If it's not you i'm yelling at lately, its Geoff, and then i'm in real trouble." Bridgette sighed and shook her head.

"I know you did your best back there." Bridgette offered her a smile. "You know, none of us would make it on our own." She chuckled.

"Sometimes it's hard knowing just how dependent I am on everyone. I'm not used to that. I'm not comfortable with that." Bridgette sighed. "I'm supposed to be a mom soon. Guess i need to work on my practice." Bridgette smiled and rubbed her swollen stomach.

"Geoff and I still don't know what to call her. Or him, if that man gets his wish, god help me. Any ideas?" Bridgette mused.

Courtney smiled. "It's your baby, Bridgette. All i'm gonna say is to raise him or her right." Bridgette smiled at the brunette. "Thank you," Bridgette said. Courtney smiled and nodded. "You're welcome."

Courtney picked up her pace and caught up to Duncan. "You... Sure you still wanna come with us?" Duncan said. "Yeah, i'm with you guys." She said, smiling at her. He smirked back.

"And we're glad to have you, princess." He said. Courtney rolled her eyes with a smile. "I wish you'd stop calling me that." She elbowed him playfully.

"Hey, as long as you're with us. I can call you whatever I want, princess." He smirked at her. She rolled her eyes and pushed him, he grunted in response.

"I figure we got about four or five days to reach those mountains. Now, if they're tracking us, we should be able to lose them up there." Duncan said.

"Five days?" Bridgette said, her brows creased with worry. "It's gonna be okay, bridge." Geoff said, grabbing her hand.

"We have to get moving now. It's our only choice." Duncan said. Everyone sighed and continued their venture towards the mountains, hoping that no one was tracking them.

————

Even more characters will be introduced in the next chapter.

Total Drama ApocalypseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara