0.2

' Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love '

Addie's pov

"Will you please quit staring at him Addie" someone said, pulling me out of my trance only to see it was Calum who said it.

"Sorry what?" I asked wanting him to repeat his previous conversation before I zoned out.

"Jesus Addie" Luke scoffed "I swear you can't take you eyes off him, he doesn't even know you so just stop it, it's creepy and pathetic"

I glared at him before turning my attention fully to the three boys sitting around me.

"Yeah, thanks for that Luke, you sure know how to brighten somebodies day."

"Any time" he mumbled

"why do you hate him so much? what's he ever done to you?"

"i just don't like him okay" he said quietly.

We were all silent for a while and I took this as my chance to look at him again.

I heard a sigh come from Luke beside me.

"What do you even see in him?" he asked "he's popular and a dick and he knows it and doesn't care, I don't understand why you like him, you've never talked to him so I don't know how you can like some one you've never spoken to." he rambled getting on my nerves.

"Shut up Luke" I sighed wishing he would stop bringing me down for once.

"I'm just saying! you're two different people, he's popular you're not, get over it"

With that I got up grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder and walking away from them without saying anything.

"Well done Luke" I could hear Michael sigh. He was never one for drama or fussing in our little group, he liked things peaceful and easy, but that wasn't possible with Luke.

Luke was popular, he knew just about everyone but he chose to hang out with us. God knows why, I would be fine with it just being me, Michael and Cal. But no, Luke insisted on sitting with us because well, he is best mates with Michael and Cal and he hates the majority of people who hang out in the popular 'group' including Ashton.

Calum is... well Calum. He's the greatest friend anybody could ask for. He's always there for me, constantly sticking up for me when Luke's mean to me.

And the person I was staring at... well that's another story.

Ashton Irwin was a truly beautiful guy. He knew most people in the school, well except me. He always had the biggest smile on his face and he never seemed down or sad. Every time I watched him converse with his friends he would look truly interested in what they were saying. You can tell just by looking at him that he looked at the world with so much beauty and wonder, I hoped so bad that I could do that one day.

Instead I see the world as corrupt, the only beauty being nature, but that could also so be harsh at times, but it constantly went on. So nothing in the world was fully good. Sure having friends and a family that care makes life bearable, but no matter what people say whether they are there for you or not, it never feels like it.

As I was walking out of the cafeteria I had to pass the table Ashton was sitting at. My heart stupidly started racing and a blush made it's way to my cheeks, I knew he wasn't watching any way and I had no idea why I had this reaction whenever I Was within a few feet of him. Last week I had passed him in the hall and his arm had brushed mine, that was the closest I had ever been to him and I smiled for the rest of the day. I was being stupid, I knew that from the first time I layed eyes on him when I moved here a year ago.

I didn't ever like people like that, I never did that to myself because I knew it would only lead to heartbreak and jealously as they would always find someone 100 times better. I didn't let people get close to me. If someone wanted to find out about me I wouldn't tell them, I'd shut my self down and pretend there was nothing to know and that I was a boring person. Because let's face it, I am.

Nobody would like to get to know me. They would realize I wasn't normal, my mind thought through things differently to others and I always saw the negative in things. That's why at the first sign of positivity, I grab it and try not to let it go and that everything will revolve around it and when I was feeling down I would think of that one thing.

Like Ashton's smile.It radiated happiness through out the room, no one could be unhappy when he smiled.

Except Luke.

But Luke's a negative person, I've figured out over the past year.

But compared to Luke I don't take my negativity and pass it on to others around me. Whereas he always seems to put people down. Well me. I've never seen him put others down. Maybe he just hated me, even though I've never done anything to harm him in anyway.

He was weird. But then again... isn't everybody?

A/N: hey so this I like the first chapter part thing! should I continue or was it really bad?

Basically my idea for this story is that Addie never realized how similar she is to Luke and that Luke's been there right i front of her for the last year and that they will both being each other out of there negativity by being negative together but turning it into happy things and yeah that was a really bad explanation.

So yeah what do you think??