2.7

"Whatever comes, let it come. Whatever stays, let it stay. Whatever goes, let it go."

Luke's PoV.

I had no idea what time it was when I was woken by a gentle touch on my arm.

I lifted my head from where I had fallen asleep, still sat on the plastic chair, but somehow my head was resting on the hospital bed.

I quickly looked to where the touch came from, finding that it was One of the nurses who had to take Addie's blood pressure.

I sighed, moving out of the way so she could get to Addie's arm. Missing the fact that Addie was actually awake, sitting up in her bed.

She smirked at me when she caught my eye, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Addie?"

"Luke" she replied chuckling.

"When did you? How long have you been awake for?" I asked confused and still half asleep.

"For about... An hour" she said.

"Why the hell didn't you wake me?" I asked, my voice cracking from sleep.

"Because you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up" she said as if it was obvious.

I didn't say anything back. I'd been thinking for hours on hours about what i would say to her when she finally woke up. But now... Now my mind was completely blank.

I decided to wait until the nurse had gone, in order for a little bit of privacy. Once she left, I went back to the seat next to Addie's bed, sitting down in it and reaching for her hand.

She smiled softly at me before linking our fingers together.

"So... You love me?" Addie asked shyly, looking up to meet my eyes.

"I-I ... Um well..."

"I heard what you said... Just before I blacked out... I- well I think I heard it right" she mumbled, suddenly scared that she's got it all wrong. "I mean... You probably wouldn't be here if you didn't, right?"

I couldn't reply, not being able to get the words out.

"Luke? Please say something" she said quietly.

"Are you seriously doubting it? I mean... The past few years, I thought it was obvious, everyone except you seemed to figure it out... Even my mum knew that I love you"

"So you do?" She chuckled "Luke, I thought you hated me!"

"I -I couldn't hate you Adds" I said, rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Good." She smiled, as we sat there in silence for a little bit.

"You... You told phoebe to f.uck off" she laughed quietly.

"Yeah... I did..." I laughed at the thought. "She was being annoying and I really did not like her"

"But you guys were like a thing" she said.

"Not really, she wasn't a nice person"

"So are you guys over or?"

"Definitely, we're over, we never really started" I chuckled with her.

"Good" she smiled again.

"Hey you two" my mum walked in seeing the both of us talk and smiling.

"Hi Liz" Addie said happily.

"How are you feeling Addie?" She asked

"Much better, I don't really know what happened, but the doctor said I should be able to go when my blood tests come back so they can just double check"

"Well that's good news. You're staying with us for tonight if you would like, your parents phoned to say that they've gone to America to visit your grandmother in hospital so I told them I'd take care of you until you got back" Liz said.

"Thank you" Addie spoke softly "do you know if my grandmas okay?" She asked

"All I know is that she is stable and your parents will phone if anything changes" Liz informed her.

"Thank you" she smiled.

The doctors discharged Addie a few hours later when her blood test came back clear.

I helped her dress and walk to the car as she was a little light headed from not being able to stand up for a while or get fresh air.

My mum drove us back to our house where Addie would be staying until further notice.

Once we got in the front door we went straight up to my room, laying down lazily on the bed and putting her favourite movie (10 things I hate about you) on.

It is wasn't long until we somehow both managed to fall asleep. Addie half on top of me, using me as her pillow and me lying flat on my back facing the celling.

I had no idea how long we had been asleep until a heavy weight landed on the both of us, startling is awake.

"Get up love birds"
Calum almost shouted.

"Get off" I grumbled, rolling over on top of Addie, pushing Calum to the floor.

"What was that for?" Calum whined.

"We're sleeping, go away" Addie mumbled.

"We just wanted to see if you were alright! Liz called us and said we could come over so..." Michael's voice was heard.

I got up off of Addie so she could sit up and see the guys.

"Are you okay Addie?" Calum asked quietly.

"I'm perfectly fine" she smiled brightly opening we arms for a hug, which Calum and Michael immediately dived for.

"Don't ever ever do that again" Calum whispers in her ear.

"You scared us so much" Michael sighed. Burying his face in her neck.

"Guys you're gonna suffocate her" Ashton Said making Addie turn towards him.

"Ashton?"

"Hey Addie" he waved shyly. "I hope it's okay i came as well I can go if you want"

Addie looked towards me and I shrugged.

"You should stay" I said smiling at him.

He smiled back in thanks before making his way to Addie and hugging her gently.

"I hope you're okay, you scared us all so much" he said.

"In fine thank you" she said. Forgivingly as always.

"Seriously! 10 things I hate about you, you've watched this at least 500 times" Michael sighed before putting on the latest episode of the walking dead.

"So, have you guys sorted out your s.hit?" Michael asked letting me sit in his place next to Addie.

"Yeah" we both replied at the same time making everyone laugh.

I swung my arm around Addie's shoulder pulling her closer to me and kissing the top of her head.

I smiled to myself. Finally things seemed like they were starting to go alright.

I kind of had Addie, well I think I did we hadn't really had a chance to talk about it.

But at least she knew how I felt now.

I just don't know if she feels the same. I mean she had just recently broken up with Ashton, I don't think she's ready for a relationship yet.

But I can give her time to figure it out, I'm not going to pressure her into anything, I'll give her as much time as she needs.

A/N: I'm still so slow at updating sorry guys. There's probably going to be like 3-4 more parts :). So yeah like and comment pretty please and tell me if you think Luke and Addie should be just friends or something more xx