Chapter Two

After you talked to Peter, he told Ego that you would head out in the morning instead of that night. Ego agreed and then you all went your separate ways. You packed some things that included your necessities and your weapons. Then you went to bed.

Right now, you're grabbing your things and heading into the room below the cockpit where everyone chills out.

"You're leaving me with that fox?" Nebula asks harshly.

"He's not a fox." Gamora says as you walk up next to her. "Shoot her if she does anything suspicious." She instructs Rocket as he repairs the ship. "Or if you feel like it." She walks up to Groot, says her goodbyes, and then exits the ship.

  You kneel down in front of Groot as he sits on a higher platform in front of your face. He's crying. "Hey, big guy. It'll only be a couple days." You softly smile as you use your index finger to wipe his tear. "We'll be back before Rocket'a done fixing the ship."

"I am Groot." He sorrowfully states.

"Yeah, I know it's kinda like what happened with me. But we won't be gone as long, okay?" You smile lightly.

He nods. "I am Groot."

"I love you too, big guy." You kiss the top of his head and then stand up.

"What if the Sovereign come?" Drax questions as you walk up next to Peter.

"There's no way for them to know we're here. Let's go." Peter hurries Drax.

"I am uncertain about parting ways." Drax admits as he starts walking.

"God, you're like an old woman." Peter lightly insults as you follow behind him.

"Because I'm wise?" Drax strikes back.

Peter rolls his eyes as Drax exits the ship. Your boyfriend looks over at you, a small grin on his lips. He takes your hand in his. The others will think it's just your and Peter's unspoken thing, right?

"Why do you have so much luggage?" Gamora questions as she walks next to Drax.

"I don't want Groot playing with my things." Drax answers.

You look down at Rocket, and stop. Forgetting to say goodbye to your best friend would be pretty bad. Peter stops with you as Rocket looks up at the pair of you.

"I hope daddy isn't as big of a dick as you, orphan boy." Rocket rudely states, causing Peter to look at you and then back to him.

"What is your goal here? To get everybody to hate you?" Peter asks, taking his hand back to himself. "Because it's workin'." He says and then turns around, leaving you behind.

Rocket turns back to what he's doing as you stand there with your hand son your hips. "What the hell is your problem?" You question.

"Problem? What problem?" Rocket asks as he looks up at you.

"You're acting like an asshole." You answer, giving him your bitch face.

He rolls his eyes. "Just go, (y/n). Give orphan boy your attention. Leave with him. Leave the rest of us behind." He harshly speaks as he turns back to fixing the ship.

   You shake your head with a scoff. "When we get back, try not to act like a raccoon." You know how much he hates being called that. If the word comes from your mouth, he knows you're upset.

Aragon flies on your shoulder as you turn around. Looking over at him, you chuckle. "Sorry, Ar, you gotta stay here. Protect Groot and Rocket." You say.