Chapter Six- Anything Else (At All)

Hey, Hi, Hello.

Welcome to chapter six of 'Indebted'. I hope you enjoy it <3>

DISCLAIMER: Insert witty disclaimer here.
WARNINGS:  Angst. You know, the normal. Seriously, kiddies- one day, I will write something humorous and completely lacking in any plot. Just you wait. For now, my attempts will fail T/.\T perhaps there will be a lighter chapter after this? Maybe. Hopefully. Anyway, for the rest of the warnings- a somewhat gory description, cuss words, blood, blah blah blah.

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.
If in mid-sentence or speech, italics are something with emphasis.
This is what Amaya's thoughts look like. 
'This is what song lyrics look like.' 

--

'Shake it, break it.
Get off your feet.
Come dance with me,
and don't you fake it.
Shake it, break it.
Get off your feet.
Get close to me,
and don't you fake it.'

--

   Shaking, coated-in-blood fingers unclasp the stopper of a clear glass vial. Those fingers are mine. My heart is pounding rapidly in my chest, thundering within its cage. The front of my cloak is covered in blood. Nao's. I kneel next to his still-warm body and press the opening of the vial to the wound. It fills up, some of it bubbling over and smearing on the sides of the glass. I put the stopper in and put it into my pouch, ignoring the blood.

   I observe his face for the slightest moment. It seemed peaceful, almost otherworldly in death. I press a chaste kiss to his cheek and steady my hand enough to close his eyelids. "Aishiteru. Sumimasen," I murmur. And then I'm standing, my mind already working to compartmentalize this situation and keep the pain at bay until it was safe to fall apart. I leave the kunai and his body in the red-shining grass, reaching out and pulling a white sheet from the laundry line of the house who's yard I was standing in front of. I drape it over his body and, using the blood on my fingers, draw a single kanji onto the cotton fabric.

   Honor. What he deserves, and easily the largest show of respect and affection I could give him now. When a Taki ninja died honorably, their grave was covered in a silk sheet, the kanji for 'honor' emblazoned on the front in green. I used a cotton sheet and blood, but it was the best I could do under the given circumstance.

   And it was now time to go. I had been away from Sasori and Deidara for nearly fifteen minutes, and they would be wondering about me and my whereabouts by now. I stand and move away from him as fast as I could. I reach Sasori and Deidara quickly, finding them standing in an alleyway with their henges still up. "I am back," I inform them.

  They turn to look at me, completely unsurprised at my sudden appearance. Upon seeing I released the henge, was covered in blood and my chakra was haphazardly suppressed, Deidara raises an eyebrow. "What happened, hm?"

   "I killed someone in order to ensure our cover is maintained for a bit longer. However, we need to be out of the city and at least a couple of miles away within the next twenty minutes. The body will be found soon," I reply.

   "Un, who was it?" He asks, pressing even further.

   "Does it matter? He's dead. His body is poorly concealed. Let's go get a look at the Nanabi and leave," I say. Deidara looks a bit frustrated with my response. Sasori merely rolls his eyes and releases his henge, jumping up onto the roof. Deidara and I follow without another word.

   We head out, increasing our pace until we reach the tree. Sasori and Deidara pause in shock at the sight, but I barrel on forward until I reach the trunk. I press a hand to the bark and let my eyes flutter closed, using my free hand to extract an empty vial. I had six vials in total, all either filled or about to be. I search for a specific chakra signature, digging around until I find it. Nao's chakra is vibrant, still powerful. I draw it out carefully, until there's a glowing mass of chakra just smaller than a tennis ball swirling in the palm of my now-removed hand. I direct this chakra into the vial. Then, moving as fast as I could but still being careful I fill the remaining four up. Two with the dirt surrounding the base of the tree, the other two with warm water from the miniature lake surrounding the entire tree itself, leaving it almost as an island.