Chapter Three- The Ring

Hey, Hi, Hello.

Welcome to the third chapter. Please enjoy this:D I should probably be writing more than I am, but I'm just getting writer's block for this. I feel horrible, too, because I pretty much forced this entire chapter because I felt this needed an upload but I couldn't write T.T And I think this chap pretty much sucks. Anyway, the song is Dreams by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. And, at the end, I've gone through and created a little list-thing for the ages of all characters in the story so far, just so you know(:

Here is a special note regarding part of the inspiration for this story:

I saw this comment on Youtube, for a video tribute to Kakuzu: 'man, kakuzu didnt deserve to die i mean okay he was old but come on they could have resened with him why do the bad guys never get a chance, but sasugay gets chances and hes practicly a main antagonist ¬>¬' And this made such amazing, perfect sense to me. Why don't the bad guys get a chance to fix themselves, to redeem themselves? This is what inspired a main part of the storyline for 'Indebted'. Yeah, I realize it's a fanfic but it's my way of giving those bad guys (Kakuzu, Hidan, Sasori, Deidara, Kisame, Itachi, Nagato/Pein, Konan and maybe even Zetsu, in this case) a chance. To whomever posted that comment, thank you. I didn't get your username, but it really made me think.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto. Like, seriously.
WARNINGS: Attack of the cute, lol(: seriously adorable. And a movie (that they wouldn't have but oh well).

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.
If in mid-sentence or speech, italics are something with emphasis.
This is what Amaya's thoughts look like. 
'This is what song lyrics look like.' 

Begin.

--

'So many times we're told
to hold our tongues,
Nobody wants the truth.
This fire's burning out of our control,
But we didn't light the fuse.' 

--

   Just a little bit further...

   I was painting my last toe nail when a knock on my door sounds. I sigh silently and put the brush back in the bottle, twisting to ensure it closed correctly. I rise from my bed and go to the answer the door. It's Kakuzu, holding what looks like my cloak. He shoves it roughly into my arms and says, "There has been a change of plans. You are to go on the mission to Taki with Sasori and Deidara instead of myself and Hidan. Give the scroll to them."

   With that he turns on his heel and walks swiftly down the hallway, heading down the stairs into the living room. I shrug my shoulders and head back into my room, kicking the door shut with my foot. I put the cloak on top of my dresser and scoop up the bottle of nail polish. I just had a little sliver of unpainted nail on my pinkie toe left to do, then I would read the mission scroll and give it to Deidara or Sasori. Whoever I found first.

   A minute later and I'm finished with painting my toe nails, so I turn my attention to the mission scroll. I scan it, committing the words to memory. While Leader-sama told me that it was a mission to capture the Shichibi, the scroll said it was mainly a reconnaissance mission, and to capture Shichibi if we could. We left tomorrow morning, so I needed to give them scroll soon so they would have time to prepare. I form hand signs with practiced ease, and press my hand to the scroll. My eyes flash an unearthly blue, the same as before and I shake my hand out, blinking my eyes rapidly. One more hand sign and I dispel the effect.

   I rise from my place on the bed. Now I had memorized the entire scroll. I needed to hand it over to Deidara or Sasori. I step from the room and walk carefully. My stitches were hyper sensitive and it was hard not to wince with every movement, no matter how miniscule. I had already taken some numbing meds but that was only a few minutes ago and they hadn't taken affect yet.