FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

      "THANK YOU, JARVIS," LAUREL SAID as she came to an opening

She passed a glass floor, containing a few of Tony's suits getting cleaned and repaired. Taking a moment to examine the suits, slightly interested in how Stark could come up with all these inventions.

To her, he was a idiot and rude person that shouldn't be able to create such things.

Footsteps sounded behind her making her pull her attention away. Bruce walked past her, passing Tony on his way through the lab. His head was so absorbed into the device in his hand, he didn't acknowledge Laurel but she shrugged it off.

"How's he doing?" the scientist asked as he passed Stark.

Laurel followed closely behind, seeing where Clint was being kept.

"Unfortunately, he's still Barton," Tony replied sarcastically, making Laurel roll her eyes.

"That's terrible-"

"Well Barton's a lot better then Stark," Laurel spoke up with a scoff.

Oh how she loved to snap back at his remarks.

She ignored whatever he had to say and continued up the small flight of stairs. She turned and entered a room, surrounded by glass. Clint's leg was bandaged up with a red colour seeping through.

There was a device Dr Cho had, scanning the wound but Laurel couldn't overly make sense of what it was doing.

"I thought you were an agent? Aren't agent supposed to have tremendous reflexes?" Laurel joked, crossing her arms as she swiftly passed the doctor. "Or was that something I forgot as well?"

Natasha let out a soft laugh as Clint rolled his eyes at the remark. He did give her an amused smirk though, mumbling a 'hi' to the woman as she came to a halt next to him.

With Natasha and Clint was where she felt most comfortable with. She liked the other Avengers, they were nice to her, but she couldn't help but wonder whether it was only because she was partners with the pair.

"Remember anything interesting today?" Natasha asked as she rested her hands on the space next to Clint's injured body.

Laurel shrugged, mirroring the red head's stance. "Just that I once took him out with one kick."

Clint gasped jokingly. "I told you not to remind her of that!"

Laurel let a small smile appear on her lips as Natasha laughed again. She truly wasn't alone anymore and had a family that cared deeply for her and her mental/physical wellbeing.

All she needed now was the person that stood by her for a long time.

"Wonder if he's found what he was looking for," she thought, biting the inside of her cheek nervously, wondering if he was actually ok and safe.

"Are you sure he's gonna be ok?" Natasha randomly asked the doctor. Her eyes squinted at her friend and then at the doctor who had an amused smirk. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

"Pretending to need this guy really helps bring my memories back," Laurel added with a smirk.

Clint rolled his eyes at the two again, Natasha backing up when she noticed she had gotten to him. She crossed her arms and stood back, her expression showing she was being entertained by joking about the man.

"There's no possibility of deterioration."

"Deterioration?" Laurel raised an eyebrow at the woman across from her. "What the hell were you up against."

The archer shrugged the best he could from his position.

"The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous," Bruce had joined the small group, his eyes clearly showing he was interested in what Dr Cho was doing. "His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra."

Laurel was lost.

She knew her way around a computer not around the science side of things.

"She's creating tissue," Bruce clarified, his voice over enthusiastic for the subject.

Laurel nodded, tilting her head slightly as she looked to Natasha. She understood what Bruce had said just nothing else. The red head had the same look of confusion, being the same as Laurel. She knew her way around a computer, not a lab.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes," Dr Cho continued, looking towards the two girls for an answer.

"Oh he's flat-lining! Call it, time?"

Laurel rolled her eyes, looking over her shoulder to see Tony standing behind her. His hand contained a few drinks and his expression was as obnoxious as ever.

He placed the drinks on the desk slightly behind Laurel.

"No, no, no, I'm gonna live forever!" Clint claimed, waving his hands around. Laurel chuckled, thinking he looked slightly high or drunk in that situation. He laughed before continuing his sarcastic claims. "I'm gonna be made out of plastic!"

"Here's your beverage," Stark mumbled, handing him the shake before giving Natasha one. "Sorry sweetheart, didn't think you drank these."

Laurel scoffed, rolling her eyes at the billionaire. Oh how she'd love to punch that stupid smirk off his face.

"Leave her alone Tony," Natasha snapped before reaching over and passing Laurel her own drink.

Laurel wasn't sure she had a desire for the beverage but she took the drink gratefully, glaring at Tony.

"Well, you'll be made of you, Mr Barton," Dr Cho went on, answering to his claims a few seconds prior. "Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend," he corrected bluntly making Laurel snicker.

The drink was passed over Clint's injured body again and Natasha smiled at her friend as she took it back. Stark gave the woman a disgusted look when she took another sip from the cup.

"That I can't fix," the doctor widened her eyes as she inhaled a sharp breath jokingly. "This is the next thing Tony. Your cluncky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust-"

"And that's my cue to leave," Laurel backed up quickly, pointing to the door. She did not have a desire to be stuck near Tony Stark any longer then required.

Behind her, Clint glanced over and Natasha narrowed her eyes at the man next to her. She flicked the billionaire's head with one of her fingers, earning an annoyed but sarcastic 'ow'.

Laurel's footsteps were surprisingly quiet on the slick floors of Avengers Tower. Her eyes travelled around the opening she entered, watching as Thor gazed out over the city of New York whilst Tony and Bruce entered the lab, their scientific minds racing.

The Avengers Tower was almost like a maze in some sense, Laurel knew that from first hand.

She stopped looking around abruptly and just looked at the massive window. The sun shone brightly and it's warmth could be felt inside the building. Laurel crossed her arms and tilted her head as she looked out at the calming view.

Standing there was one of the only peaceful experiences she got to experience.