FOURTY EIGHT

CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT

      LAUREL EMERGED ON THE HELIPAD to see Steve using all his strength to pull a helicopter, that held Bucky, back down

      LAUREL EMERGED ON THE HELIPAD to see Steve using all his strength to pull a helicopter, that held Bucky, back down. If she wasn't so scared she'd actually be impressed that Steve managed to hold the helicopter down, refusing to let Bucky go again, but it was clear Steve was straining but Laurel didn't know how to help because she certainly didn't have that type of strength.

For a moment, Bucky looked up from inside the helicopter, his eyes meeting Laurel with a sense of knowing. Laurel vigorously shook her head, thinking that perhaps it would help but she didn't know after what she experienced prior. Laurel just wanted the horror to end.

But suddenly, Bucky swerved the vehicle, sending the helicopter into the bad and towards Steve. Laurel screamed bloody murder as the propellers spun rapidly, narrowly missing Steve. They only stopped spinning rapidly when the helicopter stopped, leaning towards the edge.

As the dust settled Laurel gasped when a metal hand burst through the glass, taking Steve into a chokehold. Laurel ran over to the scene, grabbing onto Bucky's prosthetic limb as she remembered being taught how to loosen it's grip.

"You know this is wrong," Laurel said in a foregin language, but one that wasn't foregin to Bucky. Steve planted his hands on the vehicle, trying to push himself back and free himself from the grip but it was doing nothing. "This isn't you, this isn't Bucky Barnes." She tapped the arm in different spots before sliding her fingers into one of the joints, tugging out a cord. She heard Steve let out a gasp as the chokehold began to falter but Laurel wasn't quick enough as the crashed helicopter tilted a little too far. It fell off the side of the building, and with wear Laurel was, she was dragged with it.

Fear rushed through her as she let go off Bucky's arm, eyes wide as she freefell to the river. She let go of Bucky and due her much lighter weight, was pushed higher then what Steve was, missing his outstretched hand when he remembered that heights was one of her greatest fears.

Fear was rushing through her body and it didn't help when the helicopter and Steve crashed into the lake before she did, sinking further down then what she would. She crashed in soon after, covering her face with her arms as the water slap against her body. She floated to the surface quickly, gasping for air as she looked around in search of her friends. Neither of them had emerged.

Laurel moved her arms rapidly to keep herself afloat, trying to calm herself as she debated her options. But ultimately, helping them was the one she decided on.

Sucking in a deep breath, Laurel submerged herself under water, swimming towards the direction she suspected the helicopter to have crashed. Moving against the currents was a little harder for her, but she eventually saw the blurry outline of the vehicle and Steve. She forced herself not to sigh, especially not right now, and swam deeper, reaching into the helicopter and grabbing Bucky's other arm. Together, her and Steve managed to loosen him, Steve taking him in a solid grip and swimming back to the surface, Laurel followed.