Chapter 1

Lucy

"Father, May I follow general Erza on her patrol today?" Princess Lucy asked her father. She didn't expect a yes, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ever since her mother died In war with dragons, Lucy was never allowed to go anywhere where her father couldn't reach her. Lucy continuously asked everyday if she could go outside, but the answer was always no.

"No,  you can stay inside and talk to the maids" The king said.

Lucy pouted and walked away in frustration, she wanted to really go outside, it felt like ages since she could breath in fresh air and sit on the grass watching the peaceful scenery and listening to the birds chirping.

She had enough.

Today, she was going outside and nobody could stop her.

She approached her best friend, Levy Mcgarden, who was a librarian in their grand library.

"Levy! I'm going outside today!" She whispered. Levy laughed and thought it was a joke, since there was no reason for her to suddenly stop obeying her father.

"Lucy, your jokes become better everyday" , she chuckled and whipped a tear out of her eye after laughing so much.

"Wait what, really?" She said and changed the tone of her voice.

"Yes, really. I'm tired of being inside all day and begging to go outside. He's obviously never going to let me so I'll just give myself permission!"

"Lucy, I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Why not? Levy, you don't know the feeling of being imprisoned"

"Yes I do, I was at the brink of death at an deserted red castle with dragon patterns on the wall, remember?"

"Right...Sorry, But I really wanna go! How would you feel if you couldn't go out to get new books!"

"That would be horrible!"

"Exactly. I'm going to go get ready now, I want to get out of here as fast as possible!"

Lucy stormed out if the room getting ready for her little adventure. When the sun had settled, she tip toed in the ginormous castle she lived in. "What are you doing?" Somebody asked and gripped her shoulder giving her goosebumps. She turned around to see the general, Erza Scarlet, her second best friend. "I'm going outside today!" Lucy whispered, hoping that Erza wouldn't have a lot of questions regarding it. "Why at night? Don't you know what kind of people that lurk in the shadows at this time?" Erza added, it was obvious that she didn't want Lucys feet to touch the ground either. "Listen, I'm not going to argue with anymore people today, I just want to breath some air. I'll be around the area, okay?" Lucy answered, and then continued to walk. When she got to the entrance, two guards stood at the door, chatting and yawning while working their night shift. She threw two sandwiches to the left, masking the hungry guards run after them. She then spurted to the right and didn't look back.

She was finally outside, the place she'd been yearning for months.

She jumped and hummed around in happiness, forgetting all her concerns and just enjoying the moment. Then, she neared the sight of a forest she'd spent most of her childhood playing in. Promising Erza not to go far caught her now, as she really wanted to go, but promised not to. Lucy thought about it for a solid five minutes, before just running into the forest in joy. This'll probably be my first and last time, so why not just enjoy all of it? She thought, convincing herself that she made the right choice.

She couldn't stop herself, her feet were running deeper and deeper into the forest by themselves. Looking around made her feel so nostalgic, all the places she ran past, she remembered.

In exhaustion, she collapsed in the ground remembering all the things she'd went through as a child there, especially this one memory about a boy, that she considered her only crush. A boy with small horns, small developing scales, cute fangs and salmon hair. She believed he was a dragon, but everyone said that dragons were wiped out, so it couldn't be true.

They met quite a few times, always smiling and playing with each other. Lucy's memories of the most ecstatic times was probably all with him.

One day, he stopped coming to the forest, around the time that Erza became general, which was when everyone still were children.

Lucy felt sleepy, she wasn't really ever up till this point at night. All she wanted to do now was to fall asleep. She could go home tomorrow early in the morning. It felt like her legs were too heavy too move.

Minutes went by and soon she was asleep, only to wake up in a deserted castle.