higuchi i. / connected

fem! reader x higuchi
soulmate au! red string of fate

—————

Higuchi never thought she would get someone as bubbly as [y/n] as her soulmate. Heck, Higuchi didn't even know if she was into girls. All she thought throughout her time in the mafia was that she was going to prove herself to Akutagawa. A tiny bit of her (more like a lot) wanted her soulmate to be Akutagawa. But, wishes were just wishes. They either came true or never will happen. Honestly, she was scared of [y/n]'s reaction to being her soulmate.

Did she already know? Did she not see her this way? Higuchi had a lot of unanswered questions in her head. Doubts began to swirl around her head. Maybe the line I saw wasn't mine, maybe it was someone else's. Higuchi couldn't lie to herself. She saw the line on her pinky connecting with [y/n]'s on her pointer finger. Higuchi only saw the bright, vibrant line for a few seconds before she blinked and it disappeared.

She wanted to confront [y/n], wanting to know if she knew already. [y/n] has always been kind to Higuchi. Higuchi never knew why, she just always was. Maybe it was her personality, but, maybe, it was because she knew about the string already. She didn't know who to talk to about the situation. The boys definitely weren't going to sit down and listen, so she opted to talk to Kouyou.

After knocking on her door around ten times, Higuchi slowly gave up. She decided to just ask [y/n] up front, she desperately wanted to know the truth. She didn't know why, but her heart was beating fast. Faster, faster, and faster, until she reached the room, [y/n]'s room. She knocked on the door softly, hearing a muffled groan. When [y/n] opened her door, Higuchi looked at her attire. She was definitely wearing her sleepwear.

'Must have been sleeping. I probably woke her up.'

"What do you need, Higuchi-chan?" [y/n]'s raspy voice caught Higuchi off guard. She blushed, but pointed towards [y/n]'s room signaling that she wanted to talk in private. [y/n] lets her in, shutting the door quietly behind her. Higuchi sits on her bed, sighing.

[y/n] yawns, "What did you want to talk about?"

Higuchi looks away, "I wanted to talk about...your red string.."

[y/n] looked shocked for a moment before laughing.

"What's so funny?" Higuchi asks, blushing lightly.

[y/n] stares at Higuchi, "Is this you wanting to be with Akutagawa?"

"N-no!" Higuchi curses herself internally for stuttering in front of [y/n].

"So, what's the problem then? You found your soulmate?" The grin on [y/n]'s face quickly disappeared when she said the last part.

Higuchi sweats nervously, "Yes, and...I was wondering, have you found yours?"

[y/n] looks at the mirror on the wall, "Yes."

"Really?" Higuchi wanted to know that this wasn't a dream.

"Yep, she's very nice. Works hard despite her post."

'She said she, so she must know it's a girl. Then she probably knows I'm her soulmate.'

"Could you tell me more about your soulmate?"

[y/n] stares at her hand, "She is sort of smart, she makes some decisions that are bad."

"Could you tell me her name?" Higuchi worries about what [y/n] might say.

[y/n] looks at Higuchi, "It's you."

Higuchi doesn't look away, "I know."

"You knew?" [y/n]'s eyes were big. She only realized Higuchi was her soulmate two weeks ago. How long had Higuchi known? How long had she kept this secret?

"For a month, I think." Higuchi answered as though she could read [y/n]'s mind.

[y/n] smiles, "Well, your my soulmate and I'm yours so let's go somewhere!"

Higuchi blushes for the tenth time that day, "Right now?"

"Yep!" [y/n] grabs Higuchi's hand.

"Aren't you worried that someone's going to see us?" Higuchi was trying to get out of the situation, though deep down she really wanted to go with [y/n].

"Nope! Let's have some fun today!"

With their hands intertwined, they had a blast being together.

—————