Twelve - Regret (Ending 1 - Bad ending)

Third POV

Third POV

JK wandered around town without any thoughts running through his mind. He kicked the small pebbles on the sidewalk as people walked past him. Some looking at him, others just minding their business. JK looked down but he bumped into someone's shoulder.

???: "What the hell man!? Watch where your going!"

JK didn't respond as he just kept walking. The men behind him looked at JK with anger as they grabbed JK's hair, pulling him back into an alley. One of the men punched JK in the face, while the others kicked him.

After an good amount of beating, the men left and JK lay on the cold ground. He sat up and started to look up at the sky as rain poured down. He let the rain soak his body up. He looked down and started to sob loudly. No one noticed as they were trying to get out of the rain, covering their heads with their coats or umbrellas.
  JK released his emotions he has been bottling up for years. None of his previous bodies have cried or gotten mad at their owners. All of them ended with a bad ending. They either died, were abandoned, or they left. And the result is that they get rebuilt. JK felt that his specific body was unlucky. Almost like he wasn't supposed to be happy.

JK finally got up and started to run over to the beach he went to with Jimin. He took off his shoes and let his bare feet touch the wet sand. He looked at the ocean as heavy waves came into the already wet sand. He watched as plastic and metal went flowing into the ocean.

Is that where I'm supposed to be? In the ocean?

JK thought and started to walk into the water. He stopped when his knees reached the water. He lifted his leg up as the cold water washed away the color, making the metal show. He put his leg back in and went deeper. He let tears run down his face as he went deeper and deeper until his neck was covered by the water. JK's face turned blue as he struggled to swim above water. His body became cold and numb and he couldn't breathe. He wanted to go home. He didn't want to die.

Jimin's POV

All of us went out searching for JK because we were worried because of the bad weather. We looked all over the streets but there was no sign of JK anywhere. We started to panic because it was getting dark and we didn't know where he could be.
  Suddenly, a idea pops into my head. The beach!  I turn around to the boys and get their attention.

Me: "Guys! The beach! We went to the beach. He might be there."

They all smile and we run to the beach. We are confused when we see shoes on the ground. I pick them up and my heart drops. JK. It's JK's shoes. I quickly raise my head but I don't see anyone. I run up to the water and my brothers run behind me confused. I start to run into the water, despite it being freezing. I put my head underwater and open my eyes. My eyes land on a figure in the water.

Jimin: "JUNGKOOK!?! HE'S IN THE WATER!"

All the boys yell and follow me into the water and we grab JK. We pull him on the sand and look at him with broken hearts. His body is metal. There's no color on it whatsoever. He didn't look human. He looked like a robot. Nothing more. Nothing less. I started to sob, my voice echoing as loud rain surrounded us. All of my brothers cried too, all falling to the ground. We didn't want to let JK go. No matter who or what he was. human or robot, we loved him. He meant the world to us but we were selfish and didnt express that and tell him because we were afraid. Afraid what people would think of we told them that we loved a robot. They were supposed to be for chores. Not to be loved as a family. But did we care? No. We loved him but we blew it. Now we won't ever get him back. I'm sorry Jungkook. We always will love you. No matter what.

2 years later - Jin's POV

After JK died, we took him to his scientists and they were furious. They didn't rebuild him and he was taken away and crushed so he would be rebuilt for cars. It took us a while to get over his absence. It really did. We missed his smile, his face, his personality, and just everything. We blew that up. We took his kindness for granted and used him. We wouldn't forget that regret.

Our family was moving out of our house today. We were getting all of our boxes out and cleaning it for the next owners. I went to my room and went through my closet. I reached to the top to see if anything was there. I raised my eyebrows in confusion when I grabbed a piece of paper. I unfolded it and read it.

Dear Jeon family,

  It's me JK. You might have wondered when I got the time to do this or even when I did this. So, I will explain now. This note is on the day where I'm planning to drown myself. When you were in your rooms, I grabbed a piece of paper and I'm writing this now.
    First, I want to say I'm sorry. For everything actually. On this day, I was selfish. I knew you guys loved me. I knew how much you cared for me. I pretended to act like I thought you were lying in order for you to forget about me. I couldn't take this pain. The pain of feeling lost, feeling like I didn't belong anywhere. My body felt numb all the time and my mind felt blank.
   Second, I really do love you. All of you mean something precious to me and I didn't deserve any of you.
    Third, I want to say, I knew I would die soon. From the very beginning I had flashbacks of my previous bodies. From how they all died or abandoned. I realized I was making the same mistakes from my previous self and I would end up the same. When I went to the beach, a flashback appeared in my mind. I was washed up on the water because I was left behind and I drowned. From that moment, I was terrified of what would happen from there.
   Fourth, I was unlucky. I always have. This never ending cycle just kept going and I wasn't supposed to be happy. From the very beginning, when I was first put into the world, I was unlucky. I thought I would finally be loved but I was wrong. But, it was all my fault so don't feel regret. Promise me that.
   Fifth, thank you for being there for me and I really love you. I really wished I could have told you all that but I hope this letter will show you how much I love you. Also whoever reads this first, probably Jin, thank you for making me feel special. Please give this to the rest of the family. Thank you, I love you. I'm sorry.

   From, JK

I cried as I finished the letter. I wiped my tears and smiled. I got up and put the note in my pocket. I'll just give it to them later.

I ran downstairs and got in the car. I love you Jungkook. You will always be our baby brother.

???: "Do you have the robot?"

???: "Yup. Here it is. 0067 JK."

???: "Okay. Now we need to crush it for the cars. Here let me ge- Wait what!? The robot is gone!"

???: "What do you mean it's gone!?"

???: "It's not in its spot. It's gone!"

The two men looked around and pressed the emergency button. The red light went off and people went searching for JK the robot. After two hours, a speaker went off.

???: "We found him. We will take him now. Don't worry."

The man grabbed JK's arm and pulled him up. JK resisted and yelled.

JK: "Stop! Let go of me! I want to go home! I don't want to die! Please let me go back to my family.. I miss them..."

???: "I'm sorry, but your just a robot."

JK gave up and got pulled over to get crushed. He stood in a tube and they counted down. JK was afraid. He wanted to see his brothers. He wanted to be with his family, he wanted to see them one last time. He covered his face with his hands as he sobbed, waiting for his death.
  From the tube, the men looked at him sadly. They didn't want to but it was the rule. They pressed the button as the crushers landed on JK. JK screamed in agony and cried for his brothers. The men looked down and looked away from the robot screaming in pain. Eventually, silence was heard and there was no sound anymore.

Jungkook was gone and he was never able to tell his brothers how much he loved them. And now, he never will or even get the chance. He was gone.

Forever.

Thank you for reading this. This was the sad ending and I cried while making this. Omg, it was to much for me to handle. But, there will be a happy ending so don't worry.