Chapter 28

Taehyung got a phone call from the person who bought his childhood home. He quickly went down to daegu to fetch the newly found boxes stored away safely in the basement.

Apparently, his late father had kept all the things little Taehyung cherished.

It was nostalgic for Taehyung to went through all of them.

The box consisted of his favourite toys. A collection of hot wheels and silly stickers. His diary filled with doodles and Ggukie.

And then there were tons of letters little Jeongguk sent him.

He smiled and giggled at the letters where little Ggukie pour out his heart.

I will give you all my candies because you are the prettiest boy in the whole wide world. Mommy says we can get married when we are twenty five. But that's too far. That's like ten thousand years away. So I will ask mommy for a ring when I am in the seventh grade and I will marry you secretly.

Pretty Tae tae. I cannot wait to have sleepover for all our life.

Love, ggukie!
(Your favourite boy!)

And he shed a few tears when he thought of little Jeongguk and little Taehyung who thought everything will be okay when they are twenty five. He thought of how those young boys wanted to be together always.

Will they cry if their younger selves know how their lives turned out?

He picked up an old paper folded neatly in the bottom of the box.

Rules for Taehyung. Written by Jeongguk

He laughed at Jeongguk's horrible hand writing.

He remember that they were sixteen or something when they established those rules.

Taehyung wrote one for Jeongguk too but he doubted that he will still have it.

1. Love Jungkook the most. Always.
(Papa Kim can be an exception.
2. Kiss Jeongguk every time you see him.
3. Tell Jeongguk everything.
4. No secrets.
5. Jeongguk belongs to Taehyung. And Taehyung belongs to Jeongguk. Don't forget this.
6. Please call Jeongguk baby, honey, ggukie always. (Even when you're angry.)
7. Let's not fight again. Ever. (I can't live without you.)
8. When Jeongguk is stupid, smack him.
9. Don't ever leave me hyung. You're the most important person in my life.
10. When Jeongguk fucks up. Please forgive him. He loves you so much. He can't live without you. Hyung. I can't live without you.

Taehyung flipped the page and there, he saw his own handwriting.

Taehyung, always remember that Jeongguk loves you very much even when he is being stupid. He is your only true friend. He is your boyfriend but also your best friend. You want him to be your lifelong partner because you know somehow you're meant to be.

Taehyung sniffled not realising that he was crying.

I owe it to our younger selves.

He said and cried harder thinking of all the stuffs that had happened in their lives.

Jeongguk leaving him.
Being broken hearted.
Falling in love with Seojoon.
Jeonsoo arrival in his live.
Jeongguk coming back to his life. Seojoon's death.
Jeongguk fighting for his love again. Jeongguk never giving up.

Is it worth it to give a shot? What will little Taehyung say?

Jeongguk was sulking all day. Jeonsoo was with his grandparents and he had the whole house to himself.

He drank beers and just thought about his life. Taehyung. Jeonsoo.

He knows he cannot be angry at Taehyung if he never returned his feelings and that makes him sadder.

He is willing to do anything for Taehyung to love him again.

A knock on the door pulled him out of his deep thoughts.

He wondered who could it be as he lazily made his way towards the door.

He was surprised to see Taehyung in front of him. But his shock was quickly replaced by his worries when he noticed the trails of tears in his eyes.

"Are you okay? Why did you cried?" He quickly questioned the man he loves.

Taehyung sniffled and smiled at him, catching him by surprise once again.

"Will you promise me to never hurt me again if I do give you a chance?" Taehyung said with tears streaming down his flawless face.

Jeongguk quickly shook his head even though he was confused.

"I will not. I will rather die."

Taehyung chuckled.

"You're not allowed to do that. You're not allowed to die."

Jeongguk walked closer to him.

"Hyung.... What's up? Why are you crying and why are you suddenly giving me hope?" He asked, trying his best to hold in his emotions but his voice was shaky.

Taehyung smiled through his tears.

"I want to give us a chance."

Jeongguk's eyes widened.

And then he smiled.

"What?? Are you serious?? Hyung! You can't take it back! Okay?" Jeongguk exclaimed excitedly.

Taehyung laughed.

"No takebacksies! Just don't break my fragile heart." He teased.

But Jeongguk was over the moon. He grabbed Taehyung in his arms and sobbed.

"Thank you hyung! Oh my fuck! I love you so much! I will never hurt you again."

Author's note.

Hello everyone! Its been forever since I last updated. And I don't know if y'all still reading or not. But I'm so grateful to everyone who left messages, comments even while I was gone.

As you can see, this book is about to end. There will be one more chapter and an epilogue. And then I'll be starting a new story.

Thank you so much for being so patient.

I know you know what happened to me and I'm so happy to tell you that, I think I have healed. I'm not thinking about him anymore. Although I had to leave Japan because of my health, I am basically under a house arrest. But everything's great. My family takes care of me. And I'm going to have a lot of time to write.