14: Enemies or Allies

Start from the beginning

Guilt wasn't the right word for how I was feeling. No, I shouldn't be guilty for this. It was not my fault.

I had no words to him. I couldn't believe it.

The door opened which distracted him from me. He looked at the door and it was the man from before. The one who I had clawed.

"Sir, Félix is here."

My father nodded and turned back to me. "I have to leave now Isabella, you are free to leave this room but stay within the compound."

I nodded and didn't respond with words. I was too hurt to even say anything.

I let at least five minutes go by before leaving the room. My hands went automatically to my jean pocket and I left my phone in my pocket. I pulled it out as I walked outside.

I needed to get out of this hell.

My fingers hovered over Will's number but I scrolled past and dialled Dax's number. I heard it ring a few times and then stop.

Shit.

He wasn't answering.

I bit my lip and dialled Liam's number.

"Bell?!"

"Liam, thank god you picked up."

"Where the hell are you? Will said the Swedish took you!"

"Oh god Liam," I trailed off and explained what dad had done.

"I mean they deserve it but not like that. The Swedish are cruel so they will make them suffer."

I ignored his words." Where's Dax?"

"He's out with Lance, he's looking for you."

"I need to contact him. Don't tell Will about this."

"Why not Bell? He needs to know."

"He already knew what dad was planning, so tell him nothing."

I heard Liam suck in a breath. "I won't tell him anything."

I hung up and dialled Lance's number instead. I begged in my head that he would pick up.

"Bonjour, qui est-ce? (Hello, who is it)?" his soft French accent flowed through my ear.

"Lance, finally!" I almost shouted.

"Chérie? (Darling) Are you safe? Are you unharmed?!"

"I'm fine Lance," I took a breath. "I need to speak to Dax, is he there?"

"Oui, (Yes) let me get him." Lance must have pulled the phone away from his ear as the next thing I heard was him screaming Dax's name.

I needed to thank him for not shouting his name while the phone was next to his ear.

A few seconds passed and I heard movement.

"Votre bien-aimé est au téléphone. (Your loved one is on the phone)." Lance said happily.

"Si vous mentez alors aidez-moi dieu, (If you lie then so help me god) Lance." I heard Dax say with a snarl.

Lance's laughter was heard in the background and it sounded distant.

"Amour?"

"Hello Dax, would it kill you to answer your phone." I let a smile rise on my face.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine. I'm not hurt or been hurt by them. I don't know where I am but I think I'm safe."

"Thank you, Isabella,"

"Dax, oh god. I don't where to start with what has happened. It's so fucked up."

"Just relax Isabella and take it slow."

I closed my eyes for a moment but telling Dax everything. I didn't care if I was betraying the family name. I was sick of the fighting and what my father had done had topped it all.

"Bon sang, (Damn it)," he growled.

"I'm so sorry Dax, I didn't know."

"Don't be sorry amour, it's not your fault."

The line went quiet and I could hear saying some words in French that sounded unpleasant.

"What are you going to do?" he finally asked.

"I should be helping my family, that's what I should be doing for being a siren but," I swallowed slowly. "But, I can't do that to you."

"I don't want you to do anything right now amour," he spoke softly.

"I won't. I'm going to see what they will be doing next."

"Give me three days Isabella." He whispered, which almost felt like he was stood next to me. "Three days then I will come and get you."