Chapter Eight : Achnologia's Scent

Lucy's POV

The walk to the guild was surprisingly joyful. I thought it was going to be awkward and silent, when in fact it was bubbly and light.

We arrived at the guild around 9, so it was still quiet.

"Morning minna!" I said slightly loud, but not loud enough to be considered shouting. The few people that were here turned their heads or waved. Turning around, I tried to smile warmly at Zeref - for reassertion. Where'd Zeref go..?

Peeking outside the guild he still stood there, Allen in his arms.

"You okay... Dominick?" He looked fazed, but started blinking when he saw me.

"Sorry Lucy, did you say something?" He stared at me.

"We're here..!" I watched as his eyes moved to the giant guild hall in front of us... then as he looked as though he was about to barf. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

He gave me a look of 'I'm-not-chickening-out' and approached the doors. Taking a deep inhale then holding his breath, he walked in. Almost all eyes turned his way, and the guild went dead silent.

"Everyone, this is my husband, Dominick." I grinned from ear to ear, trying to desperately make him look like a good guy. But part of the smile was definatley real.

"HUSBAND?" A devilish screech sounded from behind me.

"H-hey Mirajane...." I cowered in fear of what she would do to me, but thought fast. I pointed to Dominick, and everything after that came out quickly.

"Look! It's and adorable non-protected baby in a cute tuxedo onzee! Did I mention it's adorable?" I smiled for a finishing touch, hoping it would work.

"AWWW!!!" She instantly went from Satan-Soul back to Mira, running to poor Allen.

"M-Mira, meet my-" I looked to Dominick. "-our son, Allen."

She was rubbing her nose to his, tickling him, and cooing at him. Another weird thing, she kept mumbling things such as 'You will be mine..' or 'We'll escape to freedom together' which made me concerned.

"Lucy-chan!" I turned around to see 2 of my closest friends, Wendy, and Levy.

"Who's this Lucy..?" Levy tried to look at Dominick behind me who was frantically trying to get Allen away from Mira.

"That's my husband, Dominick." She stared at me dumbstruck slightly, but broke out into laughter.

"Haha.. you're joking.. right?" I gave her a weak smile, and a small shrug.

"Hey Lucy, can I hold the baby?" Wendy looks at me, as Levy grouches away, pouting.

"If you can get him away from Mira..." Wendy and I both shuddered at the thought.

"Oi! Mira! Stop hurting that kid!" Natsu and Happy burst through the doors. "You'll flippin' kill it if you keep that up." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zeref pale, and slump over slightly, beginning to twitch.

"Fine." Mira huffed as she gave Allen back to a now reassured Dominick.

"Oi." Natsu pointed his attention to him. "Who are you? Why do you smell like Luce?" Natsu goes straight up to him and Allen, staring him in the eyes. Not good. Not good!

"Natsu!" I ran in front of Zeref, trying to calm him down. "H-hello."

"Who's that Luce?" He stared at me, cold in the face. He was like a kid trying to get a free popsicle from a cowardly ice cream truck employee.

"This? Oh, this is Allen! Our son!" I said referring to the drooling baby in Zerefs arms.

"Our? Which is you and..?" He gestured to me then stopped, giving Zeref a dirty look. "You smell familiar..."

"This, Natsu, is my husband Zomini- I mean, Dominick. He usually works a lot around the world, so I don't see him that often." I explained as normally as I possibly could.

"Ok! But, have we met before? You smell kind of like..." His eyes widen. "..Achnologia."

Everyones heads turn, and stare.

"Nonsense Natsu! Stop making things up!" I scold him, but Gajeel and Wendy come behind him. They all inhale. Natsu keeps his eyes fixed on me, Gajeels pupils move into slits, and Wendy looks away - about to burst into tears.

"Bunny girl get away from him. He smells exactly like Achnologia." Gajeel moves forwards to grab me, but I back away.

"No! Get away! You're turning your backs on him, just because of his stupid smell?" I scowl at them. I put my arms out, protecting Zeref from any attacks that might come.

"Luce. We didn't mean to offend you or your... husband." He struggled with the final word. "But you can't blame us for being protective of you, especially with Achnologia's scent." He gives a nod, and everything goes back to normal.

***

A few weeks later, Zeref has to leave, but I get over it alright. I knew I would see him again...

...Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was this chapter? Yaye... Naye...?

Anyways, I hoped you did or do all of the following;

~ENJOY

~VOTE

~COMMENT...

...because I can promise you another baby, and I'll need names!

Keep Livin' the Life,
~LivLively