O n e || Welcome to Valley Heights

Start from the beginning

               I popped a piece of spearmint bubblegum inside of my mouth.

               My school, Valley Heights was honestly the most cliche school out there. We had the bad boy Cole Kingston, the popular girl Nicole, and the golden boy who shall not be named.

               After all he was my ex boyfriend.

               Many students couldn't comprehend why he dated me, I agreed. While he was student body president and quarterback, I was a average student. Although, i'm not popular, I'm not at the bottom of the social ladder. Both me and Maya go to parties, we talk to to others, and we aren't looked down upon. However it wasn't like we had people worshiping the ground we walked on.

               But my ex, was basically a god at our school.

               I understood why; he was sporty, smart, and very hot. He had beautiful, glistening blonde hair which was in a neat cut. His eyes were a ocean blue and his body was abercrombie worthy. To others, he was basically an angel and savior. He acted as if he were a saint in front of the teachers and students. Plus, he lead the school's prized football team to victory numerous times. 

               But he was an asshole.

               "You seem suddenly really angry," Maya nudged me on the side. I didn't realize I had such a angry expression on my face.

               Maya laughed, "but you usually are grumpy anyways." I gave her a quick glare which made her laugh even harder. However we both knew that it was the truth, I was genuinely a grumpy person.

               "I agree," I replied.

               Maya thought for a moment, "and you're so blunt and honest too. Riley you should be a nicer person." In response, I smacked her in the arm, she yelped in pain. She scowled at me and tried to hit me back. Luckily I dodged her by moving to my right.

               She pouted and crossed her arms in a childish manner, "so mean!"

               I shrugged, "live with it."

               Then we both laughed at the same time; we loved teasing each other. It seems weird but I wasn't always close to her. In freshmen year when we were in the same class I somewhat hated her. She was just so annoying and so happy. I never knew someone could be so positive.

               A English project changed things.

               After I started to hang out with her I realized that she was decent. Soon enough a beautiful friendship began to form. Eventually becoming what me and Maya are today - best friends.

               "Ugh you're a bitch," Maya teased as she poked me in the arm. I stuck out my tongue and tried to walk faster than her.

               "Hey!" she cried loudly and walked up to me. Finally after a few seconds I slowed down and let her walk beside me once again.

               After a few moments we finally reached our homeroom. I sat down in the third row right beside Maya. There were only a few students in the classroom so far; everyone usually came late.

               I didn't even notice the teacher at her desk, she smiled at me. Her brunette hair was in her usual brown bun. "Riley, the principal wanted you in his office right at the beginning of homeroom."

               I looked at her strangely but shrugged it off. I haven't done anything wrong so I wasn't so worried.

               I stood up and began walking to the office. The halls were still pretty full since the bell hadn't rung yet. Suddenly, I could hear the bell and just as it went off, the students began walking away to their homeroom class's. After turning through hallways and bumping into some people, I finally reached the office.

               As I went inside the secretary women stopped me, "um what are you here for?" She asked me in the most nasally voice. She adjusted her pink winged glasses and clicked her tongue. She looked at me in disapproval; as if every student that came to the office was a delinquent.

               "The principal wanted to see me," I replied. She nodded and typed on her computer, probably checking if I were telling the truth. Which I found quite odd, Uhm excuse me, why the hell would I lie to see the principal. Nobody wants to see the principal, ever.

               "Sit down please," she said as she gestured to some chairs. I grunted in response and sat down next to some dude. I couldn't see his face but he smelt amazing, god bless him.

               We sat there awkwardly not talking to each other, I looked over and saw his biceps which were like god's gift to womankind. They were so nice, although I couldn't really see his face I could automatically see that he had a good body.

               "Mrs. Lucero and Mr. Kingston," I heard a deep voice say. I shot my head up to see the principal looking at me and the boy beside me, "Come into my office."