O n e || Welcome to Valley Heights

He walked through the halls.

               I looked around, noticing the faces of my peers. While the boys clearly showed awe and fear, the girls had a mixture of attraction, curiosity, and lust on their faces. I stifled to laugh as I made note of how stupid everyone looked. Surprisingly, this was a normal routine at my school.

               The boy had dark chocolate brown hair with bangs that almost covered his green, eccentric eyes. Reminded me of the green apple lollipops that I used to eat when I was little. His mouth was in his usual crooked, arrogant smirk. With his white v-neck shirt and black pants, he knew that he was attractive.

               Arrogance reeked from him.

               Oddly however, he barely talked to anyone. Which was beyond my comprehension. With the snap of his fingers, he could easily run the school. Right now, without a word he could make most people fall to their knees. Why was he letting that chance go?

               Most people couldn't remember the last time he talked to a regular student.  Of course he talked to teachers - if back talking and giving one word answers count. Nevertheless, he usually kept to himself or his group of delinquents.

               But I swore he needed anger management lessons; in his last stunt he lit a police car on fire. We all knew but he always got away with it. After all, when you have a multi-million dollar company supporting you... Well, you can basically get away with murder.

               Another time he sent anonymous hash brownies to the teachers staff room; which was classic. My science teacher had blurted out her whole life story of wanting to become a wizard. He even spun around in the classroom using a mixing stick as a wand.

               I gave him credit; that was an amazing prank.

               But he was also very violent. He numerously beat up some of the guys in our school. He also had a habit of throwing desks and chairs while in class. Which usually resulted in broken windows and scared teachers.

               Cole walked through the halls he just walked looking forward. We made eye contact for a brief second before he walked inside his homeroom.

               A pair of fingers snapped in front of my face. "Riley, you're looking at Cole as if he was a pair of v.i.p tickets." I rolled my eyes, my friend was such a drama queen.

               I shrugged, "I don't see him that way Maya. He's just interesting to observe."

               Maya flipped her blonde hair back, like in those movies. She was basically your average loud teenage rebel. Like many other students she wore gold rose eye-shadow, eyeliner, and had extremely dark, long, curled lashes. Her outfits usually consisted of cropped attire and shorts, in her hand was a nice cup of Starbucks.

               She was also super loud.

               "You're so weird, you should stop watching those mental shows or whatnot," she huffed.

               I closed my locker, "Psychological mystery shows Maya. Besides, human behavior is really interesting."

               She snorted, "yeah whatever."

               Maya wasn't really into anything that didn't involve romance. She usually watched those sappy, teen love shows. Honestly I felt this some of these shows were getting into her head. 

               I absolutely loved Maya but sometimes she could be really weird and brutally crazy.

               The parted students normally continued on with their day, since Cole wasn't there. The girls resumed talking to their groupies while the guys casually walked down the halls. Cole had such a huge impact among our student body, you would assume that he would be friends with all of them. But he had never talked to any of us.