Chapter 6

They recanted the whole story. About arriving at some sort of school where they had to battle the head master who happened to be a manticore.

If course, my mind immediately went to Witcher mode, referring back to my Bestiary and started thinking of the monster and it's weaknesses.

Hybrid, hybrid oil should do the trick along with Aard to knock it out of the sky and quen. Obviously can only be killed by a silver blade...

When they where finished, Chiron opted for a search party, in which both Thalia and David offered to go. But Mr. D told them not to and told them that she was most likely dead. Chiron, Thalia, and David told reasons why they think she'd still be alive, but he still said no to the search party. At this, David got furious and accused Mr. D of being a lazy jerk. Saying that he'd be happier if all the demigods had died.

The god looked furious, he was about to say something when Nico came in excitedly followed by Grover.

"SO COOL!" He yelled, holding his hands out to Chiron. "You're.... you're a centaur!"

That caused me to raise an eyebrow. I was could be wrong, but this man did not look like he had a horse butt. Just saying. But then again, I have to keep reminding myself. New world, gods and stuff.

"Yes, Mr. di Angelo, if you please. Though, I prefer to stay in human for. In this wheelchair for, ah, first encounters."

"And, whoa!" He looked at Mr. D. "You're the wine dude? No way!"

He turned his attention away from my brother and turned his loathing look to Nico. "The wine dude?"

"Dionysus right? Oh wow! I've got your figurine."

So that's what Mr. D stands for. Dionysus. And by how Nico called him 'the wine dude.' He's the God of Wine... I thought as Dionysus's face turned puzzled. "My figurine?"

"In my game, Mythologic. And a holofoil card too!" Then, Nico went on in explaining his game to the god while Chiron quickly hurried Thalia and David off to tell the rest of the campers about a 'friendly' game of capture the flag. Once Nico finished explaining, Chiron sent off the incubus with the boy to show him a cabin made for a god named Hermes.

When they left, I was alone with the centaur and the god.

"Perseus, do you mind if I get out if this?" He asked, pointing at the wheelchair.

"Sure, go ahead." I say. "Being around creatures like your incubus back there makes me feel right at home-"

Dionysus snorted. "What did you just call the satyr?"

"Oh, you don't have incubi here?" I asked.

"No, no. Their satyrs. Where did you get that idea that their a male succubi from?"

I pulled out my Bestiary and threw it on the table. I pointed at it and said. "This is a Bestiary. Every Witcher carries one. It helps us when we hunt for monsters. Here..."

I opened it up to 'Hybrids.' Then slowly flipped through till I opened it to a part labeled. 'Succubus/Incubus.'

There was also two pictures, one of a Succubus and the other of, what they call a satyr here. They looked surprise by the similarities. They silently read the description.

CLASS: Hybrid
OCCURRENCE: Try to live close to their "prey", near towns and villages. Some succubi inhabit cities.
IMMUNITY: Axii
SUSCEPTIBILITY: Hybrid oil, Quen
TACTICS: Seduction

Again?! Good grief, woman, I'm spent...
- Lester of Smallton to a succubus, a few days before taking a vow of celibacy

Unlike other monsters, succubi and menads feel no desire to kill, do not crave human blood and usually do not, in fact, mean any harm at all. They are motivated by one thing and one thing only: an insatiable lust. They try in vain to slake this by engaging in sexual acts with any other humanoid species they encounter. While it must be admitted that their "victims" rarely put up much resistance, this does not mean succubi and menads do not present any danger: their never-ending advances, though pleasurable at first, have pushed more than one man to madness or even death.